North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 7/19/23

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 7/19/23

Post by Roadpounder »

It looks like the dog days are hanging around for a while. The forecast is for high 90s for Wednesday. So I'm keeping this one close to home. We've been here a couple of times, but only once as an official ride. That one served as a shakedown for the charging system mods I did to Lil Suzi. I'm happy to say that the mods are still holding up. That probably means that the bike will go up in flames on this ride.

It looks like it's a go for launch tomorrow. Warm and humid but little chance of rain. I need this one to keep from running amok with a sledge hammer. Rosie has some good burgers and I'm looking forward to the ride. I might even take the long way home. We will launch from the Casey's on Ohio and Iron @ 1:00.

TIME....................1:30

Here it is..............Nosey Rosey's Bar & Grill
139 W Main St,
Solomon, KS 67480

Phone (785) 261-0318

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073933200934

Web Page.............

Map site..........https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

Well, today didn't turn out quite as I had planned. I expected partly cloudy and warm. It was quite pleasant in the temperature regard, but the sky was totally overcast. I spent the morning paying my bills, when I realized I was out of stamps. I sent out what I could and the rest can wait until tomorrow. I hate waiting in line at the post office just to buy a couple of books of stamps, so whenever I can I buy them from a small town post office on one of our rides. That was today's plan. It was still a little early and I was getting bored sitting around the house so I loaded Fritz on the bike and set out for Solomon. If I waited until after lunch their post office would be closed so I figured I'd get there early and get my stamps. I was about a half hour earlier than I planned so Fritz and I took a walk down to the PO and got our stamps then a leisurely walk back toward Rosie's to wait for the rest of the gang. About 15 minutes later others started rolling in and before long we had a pretty good contingent. While we were ratchet jawing out by the bikes I got a call from Chuck Reinhardt wondering where I was. He and Dave Soper were the only two to gather at the launch site, so they set out for Solomon. We all started filing in to Rosie's so with stamps in hand I got Fritz settled joined the rest. I got all the pictures taken and found an empty chair. I perused the menu and finally settled on the All American burger which turned out to be a cheeseburger with your choice of cheese. They offered bacon on it but I forgot to request it. It was still a great burger. I settled up with our hosts and headed for the door. That old familiar feeling of "what am I forgetting" hovered over my head, but I was focused on giving Fritz his share. He was well tuned to what was coming and attacked it with abandon. About that time the sky started to fall. I figured It would be wise to get to the bike and head out before it got to heavy. Fritz loaded I put my camera in the saddle bag just in case I got soaked on the way home. The rain had the road pretty wet but it wasn't coming down too hard. I didn't take too long to out run the rain and about 5 miles west of Solomon I was once again on dry pavement. About half way home that forgetful feeling broke through and I realized that I had left the sign in book behind. Jim Langford was the last to sign in, so not wanting to head back into the rain I banked on him realizing that I had left without the book and he would take it. Back at home I collapsed in my recliner totally spent. Supper time rolled around and while I was warming up the last of my left over fried chicken the phone rang. It was Jim informing me that he did in fact have the book. So you all can rest easy. If you need proof of your alibi to prove where you were this afternoon, it is safe and will be preserved.
Roy Rogers on his Indian 4
Roy Rogers on his Indian 4
Cowboy on an Indian.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Attachments
102_8788.JPG
102_8789.JPG
102_8790.JPG
102_8791.JPG
102_8792.JPG
102_8793.JPG
102_8794.JPG
102_8795.JPG