South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 12, 9:30 AM

roginoz

South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 12, 9:30 AM

Post by roginoz »

REMEMBER: BREAKFAST rides for the rest of July and August!

We're going back to Burden next week; the group had a great lunch there a few months ago (I missed out, due to having a knee replacement.) We had breakfast there last August, to very favorable reviews. Bob Hoch declared the biscuits and gravy the best he'd ever had. (I bet Bob's sampled a lot of biscuits and gravy in his time...) The food is great, and the portions are generous to say the least. If you leave hungry, it's nobody's fault but your own.

Ma's is located on Highway 160, on the south side of the road, towards the west edge of town, just before you pass the park. They serve standard cafe breakfast fare: eggs, omlettes, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, etc. Burden is about fifty miles, about an hour's ride, from Wichita.

The current forecast calls for sunny and dry next Wednesday, probably a good day to take the long route home. If the Kansas weather changes, as it sometimes does, it's worth traveling to Burden by car.

TIME:

9:30 AM, Wednesday, July 12

PLACE:

Ma's Cafe
421 W. 5th (Hwy 160)
Burden, KS 67019
(620) 438-2233

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 12, 9:30 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

I forgot the 9:30 and revisited the 9AM, so several of us arrived early. Which was actually a good thing, as the café was busy busy making our meals on one grill. MA's stepped up and we were all fed well. A few ate others meals as it become mixed up, but did not complain.

We had a super group of 25 today. Two arrived in a cage, and 23 motorcycles parked on the parking areas. Total mileage from our homes to Ma's café was 1122 miles! Some how Mac managed to get 74 miles from his East Wichita location to MA's to be top mileage roller. All of us rode long miles, no wimpy miles rider this week. Wayne, Robert and I took a long way home, as many others likely did too. I was showing 101 miles when I rolled in my garage.

Check out the photos below. Come back if the next week ride is not post, Roger will do it when the time is right. See ya next week!!
Attachments
2853.jpg
2854.jpg
2855.jpg
2856.jpg
2862.jpg
2865.jpg
2874.jpg
2881.jpg
2884.jpg
2887.jpg
2889.jpg
2892.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T