South Central Lunch: Wednesday, June 14, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch: Wednesday, June 14, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We have a new destination next Wednesday, courtesy of Brian. He and I have been to Benny's a couple of times, and had some good burgers. Benny's also has pork tenders, Philly steak sandwiches, salads, and a lot of other items. Pretty much burger joint stuff, but a wider variety than most. There's adequate seating inside, but they also have some outdoor tables if you'd like to enjoy the good weather.

Benny's is located at 610 N. Main Street in Cheney, towards the north end of town. If you're coming in from the south and east, be mindful of your speed on MacArthur Road. There have been reports of greater than normal police activity. (Not that any of you would exceed the speed limits...)

Right now the weather for next Wednesday looks good. It's not a long ride to Cheney, twenty-five or thirty miles from Wichita, but there are options for a longer ride out or back. If the weather changes, we all have cars and trucks.

If you have a new place we should visit, or an old favorite we haven't been to in a while, let me or Charlie know. We'll be doing three more lunch rides (counting Benny's) before we switch to breakfast rides on July 5. I have some great breakfast places in mind, but we can always use some new destinations.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, June 14

PLACE:

Benny's Burgers & Shakes
610 N. Main Street
Cheney, KS 67025
(316) 542-9934

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch: Wednesday, June 14, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Benny's Burgers & Shakes opened a tad early to simmer the waiting. We totally filled the ordering area, with more ROMEO'S to squeeze in. Food was fair to good! I had a Chicken Steak Sandwich, so-so or a tick better. I noticed a salad or two. Many had burgers and fries, but hey, it's a burger place.

The ride over was awesome, slight cool with simmering sun back of clouds. We had 17 today on 17 bikes. Rudy from Eldorado did not list his mileage. Total one way reported miles was 615. I was long distance rider at 53 one way miles, but reminding myself had Rudy reported... humm

Lets gang up again next Wednesday. Roger will be reporting the place, usually by late Friday. I'll see you next week - photos below
Attachments
2119.jpg
2125.jpg
2127.jpg
2129.jpg
2141.jpg
2142.jpg
2144.jpg
2148.jpg
5500.jpg
Last.jpg
1990BC.jpg
1995.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T