DARK HORSE IRISH PUB, FLINT HILL, VA

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

DARK HORSE IRISH PUB, FLINT HILL, VA

Post by shoresr »

After our monthly meeting John O. led the group on a super ride and to lunch at the Dark Horse Irish Pub in Flint Hill, VA.
This was formerly Griffin Tavern. Griffin Tavern was one of our favorite places to eat and we were glad to find out it was just as good or maybe better.

THE DARK HORSE IRISH PUB
659 Zachary Taylor Highway
Flint Hill, VA
https://darkhorseflinthill.com/
bb153.jpg
bb152.jpg
We left 119 about 11:15 and hadn't ridden more than fifteen minutes till John stopped at Morgans Ford. :o :shock: :roll: Since the Dark Horse was under new ownership, he thought it would be good to call ahead for reservations. This is a very good idea and we should do this more often, especially with larger groups. The reception lady really appreciated John's call and thanked him for calling.

Have you ever stopped to read the signs in the parking lot at Morgan's Ford :?: It is a historial and interesting place
bb151.jpg
bb164.jpg
bb165.jpg
bb166.jpg
bb167.jpg
We had a different group of motorcycles today. Dave was prepared for some off - road riding and Al for some flat track racing. All of us being led by a Harley Trike. I bet Ralph he couldn't get on Dave's bike, but he did with no problem. I told Dave I had seen lots of things on a motorcycle, but not A FIRE EXTINGUISHER :o I was corrected very quickly that it was NOT a fire extinguisher, but an auxillery fuel tank. :lol: Boy, that is one small fuel tank. :!:
Dave W
Dave W
Gas tank not fire extinguisher
Gas tank not fire extinguisher
Alan F.
Alan F.
bb161.jpg
HE DID IT!!!
HE DID IT!!!
bb168.jpg
We all had a nice ride to lunch except for Alan. I bee flew into his helmet and stung him 3 times :!: Ice gave him some relief.
Alan with ice
Alan with ice
John
John
Ralph
Ralph
Dave
Dave
There is something about eating and drinking so close to a cemetary
There is something about eating and drinking so close to a cemetary

It was a beautiful day to ride. John took us throught some of the most beautiful parts of Virginia. We had good food with good friends. It doesn't get much better than than. (and of course, in honor of Warren, we stopped at the Apple House for ICE CREAM.
2023-05-24.png
Attn "Sunday Riders" This is a picture of a beautiful 2:23, 97 mile ride, that you will both enjoy!! Lunch and ice cream!! If you use REVER, here is a link that you can load https://go.rever.co/gj5JAe5J2zb