South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 17, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 17, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like many of us won't be able to attend the Spring Rendezvous in Arkansas next week (my new knee isn't quite up to long distances or loading and unloading from the truck,) so I've scheduled lunch at one of my favorite places. My wife and I eat lunch at Kristy's, in Anthony, frequently. The ROMEOs have been there several times, and always enjoyed the food and service.

The best deal at Kristy's is the pizza and salad buffet. The salad bar is excellent, but I can't resist the pizza either. The buffet is than ten bucks including a drink. They also have sandwiches and pasta, which are excellent but take a bit longer to prepare. (Don't try to eat a “whole” sandwich unless you're a really big boy and extra hungary; the half size is what everyone else calls regular.)

It's about sixty miles to Anthony from Wichita; a nice ride if the weather is good, and really not too far to drive if it isn't. Right now it looks like the rain won't show up until later in the day, giving us a chance for a decent day to ride. There are several options for a long route home if you's like to get in some extra miles.

It's a nice trip down to Anthony, and Kristy and her staff enjoy seeing us. They normally open at 11:00, but in the past Kristy's opened the doors a bit early for us. If you arrive early, be patient while they finish setting up the buffet.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 17

PLACE:

Kristy’s Kafe
110 W Main St
Anthony, KS 67003
(620) 842-3722

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 17, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We have enjoyed meals at Kristy’s Kafe in Anthony many times. Today they were on the ready and opened a tad early, slammed out the food and drinks, refilled the drinks often and kept all of us happy. The salad and pizza bar was, and stayed, very plentiful. Truly wonderful at Kristy's today.

We had 14 Romeo's attend today. One in a cage, 13 on 12 bikes. Moundridge Ron hit it hard with 122 one way miles. We had no wimpy rider today, fact is the low mileage rider was 58 one way miles. All bikes totaled was 907 miles. Nice comfortable day to ride, low wind too.

See the photos below. I was brave and rode into the country on my way home and visited Bluff City. Well, the bluff was on me, nothing there. An old school and what was a gaso station in the past.

Another destination will post soon.. See you next week.
Attachments
1.jpg
6107.jpg
6111.jpg
6112.jpg
6116.jpg
6119.jpg
6128.jpg
6129.jpg
6135.jpg
6137.jpg
6138.jpg
6139.jpg
6147.jpg
6150.jpg
6151.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T