South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like we may get by with clouds and no rain next Wednesday, so we're heading back to Carolyn's, in Arlington. It's one of our traditional favorites, with excellent service and darned good food.

Wednesday is fried chicken day; pan fried is definitely the best kind. There is also a full menu of sandwiches and other entrees, and a good little salad bar. Usually there are some cinnamon and caramel sticky rolls left over from breakfast, and a good selection of pie.

It looks like the rain should hold off until Wednesday evening, but there's always four wheels if the showers show up sooner. Carolyn's is worth the drive, and the ROMEO group is always tolerable company...

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 3

PLACE:

Carolyn's Essenhaus
104 E. Main St.
Arlington, KS
(620) 538-4711

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Yes! Carolyn's Essenhaus is a great place, as it always has been. Great food, super service (how does one young lady keep up with all of us?) and very tasty food. I always have my usual, the fresh fried chicken, its fantastic! I noticed open face sandwiches, salads, burgers and more served to ROMEO today.

It was a great riding weather day today. We had 16 attend for the great food and comradery. 14 on two or three wheel bikes and a car plus a pickup make the 16. The photographer, me myself I, was high mileage roller at 76 one way miles. Moundridge Ron and Mac were a very close second at 75 miles each. No wimpy riders, the short miles rider was John at a healthy 41 - total one way miles of all riders was a healthy 855 miles. Great day - great location.

Lets gang up at another location next week. Check back, Roger will post the location in due time. See todays photos below
Attachments
6059.jpg
6060.jpg
6062.jpg
6064.jpg
6065.jpg
6066.jpg
6074.jpg
last.jpg
last.jpg (116.33 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T