South Central Lunch: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Next week we can all get in more miles than Ron. It's been quite a while since we visited Moundridge, but the restaurant downtown is open under new management. Ron and Charlie both give it a thumbs up, so it'll be well worth the ride.

El Paso Mexican Grill is located on Christian Ave., the main north/south street downtown. The menu looks pretty much like standard Mexican restaurant, with quite a bit of variety. They open at 11:00, so there's not much need to arrive early unless you want to kick tires outside.

Moundridge is about forty miles from Wichita, a little more if you stay off the interstate. The weather forecast looks good right now, but if it changes for the worse there's always the option of four wheels.

One other item to address: as the weather gets better, we seem to have more new riders or riders joining us from other ROMEO groups. Most of us tend to sit and talk with the people we ride with, but let's make an extra effort to make newcomers feel welcome. (Some of them are pretty outgoing and introduce themselves, but others are a bit intoverted.) If you see an unfamiliar face, introduce yourself. Also, let's make sure that nobody ends up sitting by themselves.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 19

PLACE:

El Paso Mexican Grill
128 S Christian
Moundridge, KS 67107
(620) 345-3200

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The wind was up a bit and a slight chill at depart time. But that did not slow the ROMEO riders, we had a nice group today. The El Paso Mexican Grill was totally ready for us. Chips and drinks a-plenty as was the tasty Mexican meals. I had to pretend my water was black coffee, as soda, tea and water were the only drink. The food was very pleasing, no concerns. Mex salad and the lunch specials took up most of the orders. Very good all around, we will go back someday.

We has 25 ROMEOS today, a super turnout. Total bike count was 21 carrying 22 riders. Mileage was 969 one way miles. I rode the long ride, 69 from my Mulvane home. A couple locals were slight riders at less than 10 miles. All in - a super turnout and a great day to roll the machines.

Lets do it again next week. Roger will toss up the location in a couple days. See todays photos below, scroll em.
Attachments
1.jpg
6001.jpg
6003.jpg
6004.jpg
6009.jpg
6020.jpg
6024.jpg
6027.jpg
6030.jpg
6033.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T