North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/23

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/23

Post by Roadpounder »

This place was off the list for a while but they opened back up. They just reopened last week so let's give them a good kick start. Wednesday looks like a reasonably good day for a ride to Marquette for springtime in Kansas with a forecast high of 65* and little chance for rain. So if the weatherman is true to form it will be 32* with thunderstorms. :?

YIKES!! I just remembered to post the launch time for tomorrow! I've been working on converting my second lift to hydraulics racking my brain trying to figure out the wiring so I can switch from one lift to the other and time got away from me. :oops: Well I finally got the wiring diagram drawn up. It will take 9, COUNT EM 9 switches to set it up the way I want it to work. :o But it all works on paper. :? I was sitting back and admiring my creation when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I HAVEN'T POSTED THE LAUNCH TIME FOR TOMORROW!!! :oops: Well here it is.We will launch from the Quality Inn @ 12:30

TIME........1:00

Here it is

Rocky's Ranch House
109 N Washington
Marquette, Kansas 67464

(785) 546-4040

Facebook Page.....https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057808113596

Web Page.............

Map site...........https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

The day stated out a little breezy and I thought it might be a bit of a struggle. I was the first to the launch site and when all was said and done there were three of us to venture forth to Marquette. The time came and we set out. Going down Burma road we rolled into Smolan only to be met with a sign shouting "YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE"! I knew we should have met at the Rodeway Inn. :x So it's east on Smolan road to old 81 through Lindsborg and back on course from there. With that little hitch in the giddy-up out of the way we rolled into Maqruette about 15 minutes late. Oh well! It's not like we're running an airline or anything. If we were we'd probably be an hour late. I got the outdoor shots done and went in to get settled in. There were some good comments about the burgers, but I just wasn't on to the burger thing that day so i opted for the shrimp. Some marveled at my choice of seafood, being in the middle of beef country, but it hit the spot for the day. Good food and good lie swapping, all bellies full we started to filter out. I went to settle up then gathered all my flotsam and jetsam and headed out. The day warmed up and the wind calmed down. It looks like it will be a good ride home. While ready to head out, sitting on my bike there was a small, but nagging feeling that something wasn't right. Not strong enough for me to follow it up, but there none the less. I Fired up and headed out. I figured I'd take Burma road back,just to see if there was a way through. About half way home that uneasy feeling came home to roost. I forgot the camera at the restaurant! I turned around and headed back to Marquette to retrieve the wayward camera. About a half mile later I remembered that Jim Langford and Dave Hermann were at my table and were still there talking when I left. I pulled over to give them a call. Jim's phone went straight to voice mail, but I was able to connect with Dave just as he was trying to call me. He agreed to rescue my camera and all was right again. I headed north to check out a possible path through the road block, only to be met with another sign saying "I told you before YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE"! OK. I'll go back to Falun road and cut back to old 81. Going east on Falun I ran head long into another sign. "FOGET ABOT IT!" This is starting to throw a big monkey wrench onto what was otherwise a beautiful spring ride. :x OK! It's all the way back to Lindsborg to find my way back to old 81. What's next. A piece of space junk hits me in the head?!? Back on 81 I was met with no further impediment to my progress. Coming up Willow Dr. I met my buddy Shorty coming the other way on his Goldwing out enjoying the day. He turned and chased me down to my place where we chatted for a while before he went on to enjoy the weather. At home I sat down to relax and a while later Dave Hermann came by to reunite me with my wayward camera.
Bad to the bone.jpg
Attachments
102_8103.JPG
102_8104.JPG
102_8105.JPG
102_8106.JPG
102_8107.JPG
102_8108.JPG
102_8109.JPG
102_8110.JPG
102_8111.JPG
102_8112.JPG
102_8113.JPG
102_8114.JPG
102_8115.JPG
102_8116.JPG
102_8117.JPG
102_8118.JPG
102_8119.JPG
102_8120.JPG
102_8121.JPG
102_8122.JPG
Roadpounder

Re: North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/23

Post by Roadpounder »

:D
kai61

Re: North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/23

Post by kai61 »

Got on the bike and ended up in Dover. Got breakfast and a nice peach pie slice !!! Yummy !
Attachments
Sitting in Summerset Cafe in Dover
Sitting in Summerset Cafe in Dover
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…