South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday March 22, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We may catch a nice break this ROMEO Wednesday as the weather is forecast 62* at 10AM and 65* at 11AM. Wind will be lively but below 20MPH tolerable. That is motorcycle riding weather! Roll the bike out and throw a leg over to ride, or drive the 4 wheel machine.

I have us set up for Prairie House Café in Leon. They have a full menu of lunch meals, and the special is fried chicken. They cut off breakfast at 10:40, and they prefer us to be there at lunch and not order breakfast as the kitchen is in transition to lunch. Schedule your ride to arrive near 11AM. The service and food has always been good, and we are supporting a small town business. I'll see you there.

PLACE:

Prairie House Cafe
100 S. Main
Leon, KS 67074
(316) 745-5004

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link: https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday March 22, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Okay, Prairie House Café in Leon. Well - unusual for me to be negative for our destination. You were there and you know how it was. Assure all, we will not have lunch there again, but breakfast may be as fun as it always has been. I'll make no excuses. Many waited an hour plus for their food.

We had 26 arrive at the Prairie House today, great numbers! Motorcycle count was 23 and only one arrived in a cage. The 23 motorcycles rolled a total of 844 one way miles. Myself, and most others enjoyed a longer ride home. Once again Moundridge Ron rolled the long mileage at 72 one way miles. Wimpy rider was Gram from Augusta, ONLY 15 miles noted. Most rode 40 to 50 miles, all totaled 844 miles. We welcome new rider, Gary Stukey (6th photo). Great turnout, appreciated.

Lets gang up at another place next week. I'll post it by late day Friday. Couple places were mentioned.

See snapshots below -
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T