South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 22, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Several mentioned and suggested that they would like to head east to the Latham Saloon. The chicken fried steak and burgers are calling all ROMEO's! They have a full menu of lunch meals, but the two mentioned seem to be the favorite for our group.

They open at 11, but usually allow us in a few minutes early. It's about 50 miles for the Wichita riders, and 45 for the Mulvane - Derby guys. As of now the weather forecast looks cool, but not bone chilling cold at mid 60 degrees and should be 60 degree for ride home. But this is Kansas and that can change, our 4 wheel rides are always welcome.

They are expecting us, so lets show ROMEO strong. See you there! Charley

PLACE:

Latham Saloon
226 W Blaine St.
Latham, KS
(620) 965-2340

MAP:
Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link: https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 22, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Todays meal was at The Latham Saloon!! The young lady worked her back side off taking care of us, meals coming out of the kitchen were four at a time. Food was good, a wonderful meal and service excelled considering the young lady was alone and swamped with ROMEO and 7 other regulars that drifted in.

We had 18 arrive at Latham today. Nine of us rolled in on bikes and others used car/truck rigs. The bikes rolled a total of 416 miles and likely 416 back as the temps were in a tumble. Robert Bachman rolled 60 miles from his home in north Wichita to Mulvane then onward to be long mileage rider. Dana was low mileage rider at 25 miles from ElDorado. And the ride home was leaving at 62* and big puffy clouds above and ended at 49* with clear blue sky horizon to horizon.

Lets gang up and do it again next week. I have a place in mind, I'll get there tomorrow and strike a deal with them.

Roger, we know you will read this, we all wish you well and hope a speedy return to Romeo.

Scroll all photos below-
Attachments
2747.jpg
2751.jpg
2753.jpg
2755.jpg
2759.jpg
2761.jpg
2765.jpg
2768.jpg
2757.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T