North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 1/11/23

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 1/11/23

Post by Roadpounder »

Sorry, but I got busy and fell behind the curve this week. Every place I had in mind for this week is closed today so I'll have to get something scheduled tomorrow. I WILL have something on the schedule for tomorrow, so watch this space for further information. :oops:

It looks shaky for the weather tomorrow with a high in the mid 40s. A few of the guys are going to Gypsum today and I'm planning on hooking up with Tescott for tomorrow as the official weekly ride. We're planing to hit Gypsum at 12:00 today for those interested. Stay tuned for word on Tescott.

OK! We're on for Tescott tomorrow 1/11/23. Launch time is 12:30 @ the Iron skillet.

TIME....................1:00

Here it is.............. The Lumberyard
100 N Main St
Tescott, KS 67484

(785) 283-4400

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/TheLumberyardK ... e_internal
Web Page.............

Map site..........https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

We started out the new year with a double header. Some of the guys called me with impromptu ride to Gypsum on Tuesday, which I was all in for. I tried to wake Suzi up only to find she had a dead battery. Battery on the charger, it was back to the old faithful Guzzi. The old grey Goose never let me down. At least not since I replace the fuel pump. I rode out there solo and found a good number already on scene. We had a total of 10 show up which was pretty good turnout for a spur of the moment thing. I did my best to avoid the Pavement Pounder. One of those was enough. Not that it was bad. It was just a little too much. There was some good tire kicking after the meal and the day turned out to be pretty good.

After the Gypsum ride that I had planned for this week was done early I needed to get something set up for Wednesday. Tescott was suggested so I thought it would be a good ride for a cool day. After spending the night on the battery charger I was able to coax Suzi out of her coma with the mechanic's version of smelling salts, starting fluid. Shocked into conscientiousness she became a little more coherent when she generated a little heat. :D Things went pretty much according to the usual sequence of events. There were four of us that met at the Iron Skillet for launch time. It was a bit brisker that the Gypsum ride but Terry Powell, Bill Gibbons, Gary Spreckler, and I launched for Tescott. It wasn't long before we last Gary. I don't know what happened to him, but he made it to Tescott. Rolling onto town I wound up in the lead, and turned a block early and wound up approaching the restaurant from a strange direction. However I did manage to recognize where we were and found the other bikes. After getting parked Bill Gibbons found that he lost a saddle bag lid on the way. I guess that Gary saw it go flying and stopped to get it off of the road. They had us in the front room, which was fine with me. Better lighting for the pictures. I opted for the usual bacon cheese burger and it didn't disappoint, with the sweet potato fries. Diesel Dave came in his truck and considering the cold. My stamina waning I suggested throwing Suzi in the back of his truck and riding back with him. He was willing, but I decided to tough it out and ride home. I decided to head south out of Tescott to State St. and back home. I got rolling south and came up behind a black pick up truck and fell in tow. The truck turned east on State St. and I followed suit. All the time envisioning an irate farmer pulling over to question me as to why I was following him. When I got to Burma road I turned and toughed it through the half mile of dirt road to Crawford and home. I just didn't feel up to hitting the freeway from State St. to Crawford. I figured the dirt was the lesser of the two evils. Back home with Suzi put to bed, I was just settling in to let the rest of the day slide by when I get a phone call. It's Diesel Dave checking up on me. As it turned out, the imagined irate farmer in the pick up was in fact Dave, who grew a little concerned when I disappeared from his mirror. After assuring him that all was right with the world, I put on my mechanic's hat and put a rear end in my recliner. ;)
Dating in the 1930s.  Much like my mom and dad back in the day.  Their first date was on Dad's 1929 Harley Davidson JD.  2 up on  a solo seat.
Dating in the 1930s. Much like my mom and dad back in the day. Their first date was on Dad's 1929 Harley Davidson JD. 2 up on a solo seat.
Here are the Gypsum pictures
Attachments
102_7826.JPG
102_7827.JPG
102_7828.JPG
102_7829.JPG
102_7830.JPG
102_7831.JPG
102_7832.JPG
102_7833.JPG
102_7834.JPG
102_7835.JPG