South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 30, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 30, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like next Wednesday will be the coldest day of the week, so we're staying close to home again. Bundle up and ride, or hop in the car. It'll probably be a good day for hot soup and a salad at an old favorite ROMEO spot.

The Breadbasket, in Newton, has a great lunch buffet. A good salad bar, eight or ten kinds of homemade soup, and fresh baked homemade bread. (I like the pork chile, ham and beans, and pepper pot soup.) There are also a couple of lunch specials, and a good selection of sandwiches. The Breadbasket also has a really good desserts, in case you have room for more (or want to take something home for later.) We'll be in the back (west) room this time.

The Breadbasket is on Newton's main north/south street, a couple of blocks south of the railroad tracks. There's plenty of parking north of the building, and an overflow area just to the west.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 30

PLACE:

The Breadbasket
219 N. Main Street
Newton, KS 67114
316-283-3811

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 30, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Breadbasket always has a variety of soup's, sandwiches, deserts and breads to choose from. I can't seem to get the hang of it, I get one bowl for 11 dollars. Roger suggested I could get another bowl but it did not fall into place. So I cut a hunk of bread to go along with my soup bowl.

We had 15 arrive in car and pickup or jeep rigs. Sedgwick, Mulvane, Moundridge, Augusta, Haysville, Park City and Wichita were represented.

Let's gang up again next week, plan is to go to a very favorite place.

Three or more photos below
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2462.jpg
2480.jpg
2482.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T