South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 23, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 23, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Charley mentioned recently that one of the guys had asked about returning to Syl's, in Colwich. We usually save the destination for cold weather, which appears to have arrived. We last visited Syl's in January. Everybody likes the place, the food is good, and they can handle however many of us show up in Colwich.

You can order off the menu, but the real deal is the lunch buffet. It's usually fried chicken and at least one other entree, plus veggies and dessert. They open at 11:00, and we'll be in the west dining room, as usual.

Colwich is about twenty miles from Wichita, a bit farther for the Derby and Mulvane crew. Syl's is located on Wichita Street, which is a couple of blocks north of 53rd. Wednesday will be one of the warmer days next week; if it's still a bit to chilly, hop in the car.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 23

PLACE:

Syl's
205 W. Wichita Ave.
Colwich, KS
(316) 796-1044

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 23, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Exactly what we anticipated going to SYL's in Colwich, a fantastic food buffet. Lots of choices, fresh prepared and delicious taste. We should consider going to SYL's more than once a year. The drinks server was on top of it and a pleasure to talk with.

We had a lower turnout, lowest in a long while. But tomorrow is Thanksgiving Holiday and many have plans related to that holiday.
Today we had 10 show for the awesome food. One 4 wheeler and 9 bike-trikes rode in. Rudy from Augusta rode top distance miles at 54 miles. Total miles of the 9 bikes was 289 one way miles. Myself, I rode directly home. 48* and overcast was not unpleasant, but not a barrel of fun either. Roger drove in his wife's new car.

Lets gang up and do it again next week. Heading up Interstate 135 a few miles north is the considered place. Check back to see the ride if not post yet. See you next week! Charley

When I came out of SYL's a cop was checking out my Harley. Photos below, scroll them.
Attachments
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Last.jpg
1768BC.jpg
1813BC.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T