SEPT 21ST, 10:00 AM, SOUTH 40 CAFE, WESTMORELAND, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

SEPT 21ST, 10:00 AM, SOUTH 40 CAFE, WESTMORELAND, KS

Post by swanee »

Forecasts calling for upper 90's on Wednesday afternoon even though it will officially turn into "fall" the next day. A hot day like that sounds like the time to do a cool (well not as hot) morning ride over to an old favorite that serves real good breakfast, and one that we haven't been to in over a year. That would be the South 40 Cafe in Westmoreland.

We typically have some showing up a bit later than others when we go to Westmoreland and that's not a bad thing given the size of the place. The 10:00am is a suggested time if you want to do breakfast and there's more than one scenic route to get there. They serve breakfast until 11:00 when they switch to lunch. BTW they do a mean spaghetti plate if you get there a little late for breakfast and decide to do lunch. Whatever you want just saddle up and head yourself a few miles north of Wamego where we'll be seeing ya at:

South 40 Cafe
401 Highway 99
Westmoreland, Kansas
785-457-3307

Here's link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Attachments
Westmorelnd.jpg
Westmorelnd.jpg (96.98 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Al Hayes

Re: SEPT 21ST, 10:00 AM, SOUTH 40 CAFE, WESTMORELAND, KS

Post by Al Hayes »

PHOTOS TAKEN / “FALL RENDEZVOUS”
What a time we had down in Harrison, AR! The weather was perfect every day and no room for any complaints. I’m posting this on our Eastern Kansas Group forum for the sole reason to share the event for you who were not able to make the ride. The photos on the General Discussion Sub-forum are excellent and worth viewing. We can give thanks to “Harley-Charlie” with the South-Central Kansas group and their photographer for the professional and high-quality photos taken. I think anyone interested will enjoy viewing these photos! The “RENDEZVOUS” is all about making indelible memories with other Romeo groups about rides, motorcycles, stories, and kicking tires. It is a fabulous event each and every time we get together! Until next time, “Happy Trails” to you all until we meet again. Looking forward to seeing you all after I get back from my trip to Wisconsin! Have a great time riding this “Fall”.
swanee

Re: SEPT 21ST, 10:00 AM, SOUTH 40 CAFE, WESTMORELAND, KS

Post by swanee »

NICE ride out to Westmoreland and it was also nice riding home or riding to wherever you wanted to go after that. Even if there was a little more wind it stayed dry & warm enough but not the kind of heat like we've been having. Counted 16 bikes and I think about 18 folks who came out to South 40 where generous servings are still tasty and the service still friendly whether you got breakfast or lunch. Another great day to be a ROMEO...
Attachments
DSC01917.JPG
DSC01918.JPG
DSC01919.JPG
DSC01921.JPG
DSC01922.JPG
DSC01923.JPG
DSC01924.JPG
DSC01925.JPG
DSC01926.JPG
DSC01927.JPG
DSC01928.JPG