South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 31, 9:30 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 31, 9:30 AM

Post by roginoz »

We're heading south again next week for our last breakfast ride of the year. We'll start lunch rides again on September 7.

Junior scouted out another breakfast destination for us: the Broadway Cafe in Braman, Oklahoma. We were there a couple of years ago, but the place is now open under new management.

The Broadway Cafe looks to have the standard cafe breakfast menu. It looks like everyone will be able to find something to their liking.

Braman is just south of the Kansas/Oklahoma line, about fifty-five miles from Wichita. It's a quick ride on I-35, or a slightly longer (and more scenic) trip via the state highways and county roads.

As always, if you have a favorite place we haven't visited in a while, or a new one we haven't been to, let me know.

TIME:

9:30 AM, Wednesday, August 31

PLACE:

Broadway Cafe
318 Broadway Ave.
Braman, OK
(580) 385-2481

MAP:
Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 31, 9:30 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We closed out the breakfast ride season today, August 31, with a nice distance ride to Broadway Café in Braman. The one lady server, cook and cashier was ready for ROMEO with a pair of 12 place tables in a large private room. Service was steady, bringing 4 meals at a time. Food was fantastic and portions was large. She gets thumb's up! However thumbs down to the 'no water' situation. Restroom stools need flushing, hands need cleaning and so on.. Very likely a health concern.

We had 15 ride into Braman today on 15 motorcycles. The total mileage one way was 890 miles. Top mileage rider was Sedgwick Wayne, totaling 78 one way miles. Tipping the hat to Tim Mitchell with a whisker close 76 miles. No wind, a comfortable cool morning ride - a great ride day enjoyed by all.

Lets gang up and go it again next week. Lunch at a very favorite place, be ready!

Photos below-
Attachments
7.jpg
3981.jpg
3985.jpg
3987.jpg
3995.jpg
3996.jpg
4005.jpg
4001.jpg
4003.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T