South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 1, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 1, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like rain again next Wednesday, so we're going to stay within driving distance. (Dealing with the weather is just part of Kansas in June, I guess.) We haven't been to Sugar Shane's for about six months, so it's time for a short drive (or ride) to Augusta. They always like to see the ROMEOs, and the food is always good.

Sugar Shane's is located at the corner of 5th and State in Augusta. The menu is pretty varied: sandwiches and wraps, pizza, pasta, meatloaf, etc. There's also a daily special, which I always forget to check. Everyone ought to find something to their liking. They don't open until 11:00, so if you're one of the early birds you can do some tire kicking beforehand.

As Charlie mentioned in an earlier post, I'll probably be posting destinations a bit later than before, to try to keep ahead of the weather forecast.

If you have a favorite you'd like to revisit, or a new place we haven't been to, please let me know.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, June 1

PLACE:

Sugar Shane's
430 S. State St.
Augusta, KS
(316) 201-1099

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 1, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Sugar Shane's has proven again that they are the best in food and service in Augusta. The servers took great care of ROMRO's today. My chicken breast meal was super. A few had the beans and cornbread special, most ordered from the menu.

We had 11 ROMEO show today. No riders, we all arrived in four wheel rides, with good wipers to fight the rain, especially needed on the way back to our homes.

Check back Saturday or Sunday to see our next ride. Fingers crossed for NO RAIN and warm riding conditions. See you then.

Photos below-
Attachments
3322.jpg
3327.jpg
3329.jpg
3324.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T