South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 30, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 30, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

The current forecast shows cold and possibly wet next Wednesday. (Spring isn't turning out to be very springlike so far...) In case it turns out to be a poor day for riding, I'm going to play it safe and keep us in fairly close. If the forecast improves, we can always take the long way there and back.

We were at the Conway Springs Gambino's Pizza in early December. I try not to repeat locations too often, but it's a good choice for a nearby destination and we've been treated well in the past. They have an excellent salad bar, and the menu includes pizza, calzones, pasta, and sandwiches. There are daily lunch specials: a sub, pizza, or calzone with a salad and drink. They don't open until 11:00, so there's not much need to arrive early.

Fifth Street (also known as K-49) is the main north/south drag through Conway Springs. It's fewer than thirty miles from Wichita (via K-42 and K-49,) probably less for the Derby/Mulvane crew coming in on the southerly route. It's a bit over a half hour if you're observing the speed limits.

We have some new places to visit, and I'll try to get them scheduled when the weather allows for better riding.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, March 30

PLACE:

Gambino's Pizza
110 N. 5th.
Conway Springs, KS 67031
(620) 456-2444

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 30, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We had 300 arrive at the Gambino's Pizza in Conway Springs today!!! Food was great, and made fresh to order. I hogged down a calzone pizza sandwich (whatever it's called) and others had pizza and all enjoyed the salad bar.

I see my mistype above, geez, I messed up for the first time ever. We had a healthy 10 ROMEO's today. All but one arrived in car and truck contraptions while one arrived on his Harley fighting the wind and chill. His total miles to Gambino's was 40 from far away Maize Kansas, USA. We welcome Mike and his Harley, this was his first ROMEO lunch!

See the photos below, and check back in a couple days to see next week destination. Fingers crossed we can ride - Charley
Attachments
9975.jpg
9976.jpg
9982.jpg
9987.jpg
9999.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T