South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 23, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 23, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I usually don't schedule us for restaurants in Wichita, so we can get in a few more miles on the bikes. Next Wednesday will be pretty darned cold, and not very suitable for riding: still below freezing at 11:00 AM. Although we won't have much of a ride, we'll still have an excellent lunch at one of Wichita's iconic burger joints. Ty's Diner has been around since the 1950s. It's located on Second Street, a short block east of Seneca, on the north side of the street.

I eat there almost weekly, often joined by fellow ROMEOs Bob W. and Chuck (and sometimes Hal, Fred, Steve, and Brian.) I recommend the open faced chili cheeseburger or the patty melt, but they have more conventional burger offerings. Don't forget the fresh cut fries; a quarter order is plenty for one person.

We'll have to split into smaller groups, as Ty's dining area consists of traditional booths with a few small tables. There's also seating at a nice old bar that will accommodate a half dozen or so.

Ty's opens at 11:00, and it's a good idea to be in line when the door opens to get a good seat.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, February 23

PLACE:

Ty's Diner
928 W. Second St.
Wichita, KS 67203
(316) 263-1416

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 23, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Two thumbs up for Ty's Diner! Many reasons but the two that stand out are: They have all the business they can handle, but made room for us to flood in and they took great care of us. The customers waiting for a place to sit is reason enough to tip your hat to TY's!

Today 20 ROMEO's waited in the 11 degree cold to go in and be seated. We can all appreciate, or head scratch, about Bob Walton riding his Spider 15 miles to TY's! Hey Bob, it's 11 degrees! Kathryn drove her pickup from Hutch and Ron drove in from Moundridge. Mulvane was also there and a couple from Haysville showed up for the tasty food. Thanks to all for attending.

Lets do it again next week. Weather is expected to warm so maybe a few will be like Bob and ride the bike machines. See you there.
Scroll the photos below-few off topic extras
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
last.jpg
2503.jpg
2726.jpg
2730.jpg
2742.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T