New Okie Joining

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
Crash16

New Okie Joining

Post by Crash16 »

Formerly of Sedgwick, KS now living in Ponca City, Oklahoma. I went searching online for a riding group and ROMEOs sounds just about perfect as I am retired, old (but that's truly only a state of mind and arthritis), love to ride and if the ride ends in eating, it's a good day. I look forward to future rides and just missed the one yesterday because my Kawasaki was getting an oil change. I haven't had this bike for that long having purchased it this spring before the monsoons and heat. I AM mostly a fair-weather rider these days. If I can avoid wet pavement and extreme temperatures, I do. I've owned a few Yamahas, a couple of Harleys, Hondas, Victories and this 900LT is my second Kawasaki. After getting creamed on a BIG, BRIGHT, competition red, Honda Goldwing trike, I didn't think I would get back into riding. That was a wrong assumption. I did decide to downsize and since this particular cc size is in short supply, I'm guessing there's a lot of baby boomers downsizing. Three-wheelers are obviously still invisible and I think 2 wheels are more fun anyway. It's taken a few months to get comfortable on 2 wheels again, partly because of the years riding 3 wheels and a year of not riding at all, partly because of the wreck, and partly because I lost my husband who always rode behind me on his Harley to "have my back". We were able to take rides (before the cancer) to Salt Lake City, Sturgis (NOT during bike week), Bisbee, AZ, Galveston, TX, to friends in Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. The biggest event we ever attended was Bikes Blues and BBQ in Arkansas. That cured me of wanting to go to Sturgis during bike week. We made Cassoday many times and I've ridden up there once since moving to Oklahoma. I just need to get my butte conditioned to long rides! I also know I need to stop and take breaks more often than I used to. Getting old ain't for sissies:))
Lou Ann
Parkville Rider

Re: New Okie Joining

Post by Parkville Rider »

Welcome to the Romeo group. Feel free to join any of the rides close to Ponca. Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides: https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
FiremanKyle

Re: New Okie Joining

Post by FiremanKyle »

I’m from Sedgwick Ks also. Living in Arkansas City for the last 27 years. I enjoy riding with Romeo when I can. Great bunch of people. Welcome.