Website Maintenance - Sunday Apr 25

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
JerryM100

Website Maintenance - Sunday Apr 25

Post by JerryM100 »

I will take the forums offline for maintenance on Sunday morning. I need to do a major update to the forum application. I have been doing my reading and homework for weeks to prepare for this process as it is a bit complicated. If all goes well we'll be back online in a few hours. If not, well, I get to test my backup plan.

Jerry M
Romeos Website Administrator

JerryM100

Re: Website Maintenance - Sunday Apr 25

Post by JerryM100 »

And we're back online! Everything appears to work normally - which is a huge relief! Thanks for your patience.

This was a forced upgrade as the Internet hosting service I use is going to turn off the older version of PHP (the language the forum application runs on). That meant after this week the forum application could not run. So I had to upgrade. Not a bad thing actually...

There will be some differences in the look and feel, and maybe some functionality.

You will notice right away the yellow stars that indicated how many years people have been online are now gone. That extension is outdated and won't work anymore. There is a newer version that I will install shortly but it looks different.

I also need to reinstall the Tapatalk extension (for the 3 people or so that use that).

I had an extension called "Auto Drafts" that auto-saved posts every 10 minutes so if someone walked away they wouldn't time out and lose their work. That extension will no longer work but I think the new version will automatically provide that. Need to verify.

More later as I discover things.

Jerry M
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage