Post pics of your snow!

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
JerryM100

Post pics of your snow!

Post by JerryM100 »

Might be entertaining to see some pics of snow or ice coming soon. Also pics of thermometers! And certainly if anyone gets their bike out that would be a great pic!
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
JerryM100

Re: Post pics of your snow!

Post by JerryM100 »

Here are a few pics of our snow in Texas. I have lived most of my life in the north so I know snow and cold, and these pics are laughable in an average Kansas or Missouri winter. But this is dangerous stuff down here in south eastern Texas! Especially with the temps in the teens.

Did you get a lot of snow?? Any good photographers can post some interesting pics of your experience?

Jerry
Attachments
House in snow 2-15-2021.jpg
Street in snow 2-15-2021.jpg
Temp and humidity 2-15-2021.jpg
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Great idea Jerry: So I took my camera yesterday and rode the loop (5 south, 14 to push mtn, 201 home) looking for snow--but it was all gone. Fantastic weather here and it was great to get out even though we are still riding alone or maybe with 2-3 others. Once the rest of us get our "rabies shots" maybe posting a ride will again be fashionable and will net some respondents. Here is a little "quiz" for fun: What is this bikes cc's and horsepower. (faster than a Cushman)
Attachments
1957 Mustang Scooter.jpg
1957 Mustang Scooter.jpg (160.24 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
Klem

Post by Klem »

That's a good one Arky. The old mustangs were about 150cc with 5HP. But I wouldn't take that to the bank. They were building new ones with transmissions and everything.
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Klem: I think the early 1946 ones may have been that size and probably the 2 stroke. Mine was a 1957 "Pony" with 9.5 hp and 320cc 4 stroke, 3 speed Burman british transmission. For a while they went up in collector price close to 10K . Don't you wish you had kept all your old bikes? Here is a history on them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_(motorcycle)
Klem

Post by Klem »

Arky, I do wish I had kept some of the old scoots. I am completely out of dirt bikes but still have 10 ready for the road bikes in the shop. Three are fairly modern and the other 7 stretch from a 1952 BSA Goldstar 350 single to a 1995 R100RT. The 1967 Matchless G15CSR is one of my favorites. For some reason it's harder to kick over than the one rode 50+ years ago.

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/musta ... ic-reborn/ A recent remake.
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

You are a hero to retain all those neat bikes! I am down to 2, but won the rolling trophy for motorcycles anonymous for having 13 in the garage at one time in KC. Nothing left but the oil spots after selling and moving to AR.