North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 11/18/20

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 11/18/20

Post by Roadpounder »

It looks like the weatherman is giving us a break next week. The forecast high is in the low 70s. It's been just a year since our last visit to this place and I'm looking forward to some pizza that I don't have to make.

It was a confusing a confusing meeting today. I was strategically seated between two conversations. The best I could glean from it was that someone was hoisting a roll of carpet up to a second floor apartment in a military guard tower with a 1959 Ford to avoid a $750,000,000 combine. I just don't understand the whole thing. We did manage to figure out where and when to meet for the ride to Inman. We will launch from the Roadway Inn @ 11:00.

TIME....................12:00

Here it is.............. Main Street Pizza Cafe
100 S Main St
Inman, Kansas
(620) 585-2188

Facebook page........https://www.facebook.com/mainstpizzacafe/

Web Page.............

Map site..............https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

It looked like a sunny enough day, but the trees bending at some strange angles gave me a little pause. The temperature was steadily climbing which I found encouraging, but the wind wasn't calming down any. Fritz didn't pick up on the day until it was almost time to mount up. Then he lit the afterburners and there was no stopping him. I got the bike ready for him and we mounted up and headed to the gas station to load up. Heading south on Centennial I could already feel the bike working against the wind. Most bikes have enough vibration damping that you don't notice the extra power needed to push a head wind. Not so with Guzzi. Now don't get me wrong. The vibration of a Guzzi is minimal for a twin, but you can definitely notice the difference when the pistons are pushing harder against the wind. Harley guys call it the power throb. We were the first on the launch pad and I had visions of being the only one to show. Fritz and I went for a little walk and about the time we got back to the bike Diesel Dave pulled in sporting his newly laced front wheel with the twisted spokes. That really dresses it up. Shortly later big Jim and John Crandall rolled up. After exchanging a few pleasantries it was time to mount up. The wind was almost straight out of the south and it took some of the pleasure out of the ride. Jim needed to gas up so we stopped in Lindsborg. We weren't there long when Norm Schmidt rolled in. He was running a little late and missed us by just a few minutes. Jim gassed up and Norm in tow, we hit the road. Once past McPherson we had to head west for a little bit and that's when the wind was really noticeable. It put me in what seemed like a 10 degree list to port. I was glad when we got headed south again. We pulled into Inman and found the others parked around the corner from the entrance to the restaurant. We all got parked and after a little tire kicking and picture taking I got
Fritz settled. I went inside and didn't see a lot of ROMEOs there. Passing it off as most still being outside I got in line to place my order. I know that I mentioned a hankering for pizza but looking at the menu on the wall the chicken Fettuccine Alfredo seemed to be barking at me. So I ordered that. I got my drink and found a place with Diesel Dave big Jim and John to park myself. Not paying much attention to our numbers someone mentioned that all the others must be in the other room. This jarred my mind momentarily since I didn't even know there was another room. I grabbed my camera and set out in search of this elusive sanctuary. Lo and behold, after a brief search I found a whole room full of ROMEOs. Having my marker set I went on the photo mission and then back to the front room to await my culinary delights. The food started rolling out and soon mine was delivered. I must say that I was not disappointed. The chicken Fettuccine Alfredo really hit the spot. Jim had ordered a pizza that was apparently one slice to big for him. I was able to talk him out of it so Fritz could join in the festivities. Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo doesn't have any bones. All bellies full, including Fritz's, it was time to head out. Some of the guys decided to head over to the bike shop in Inman to pay them a visit, but I really didn't feel like all the hassle of dealing with Fritz for such a short ride, so we hit the road home. Once the wind was at my back the ride became quite pleasant and I quickly fell into the zone, and all became right with the world.
Grandma.png
Attachments
102_4935.JPG
102_4936.JPG
102_4937.JPG
102_4938.JPG
102_4939.JPG
102_4940.JPG
102_4941.JPG
102_4942.JPG
102_4943.JPG
102_4944.JPG