What ya doing

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
bucky

What ya doing

Post by bucky »

So what has everyone being up to. Think I will social distance out in the flint hills Wend.
Bucky
Parkville Rider

Re: What ya doing

Post by Parkville Rider »

Be careful Bucky. My understand it the HP and locals will be stopping people on the highway not headed to an approved destination. All restaurants will be closed for seated meals, only drive-through is open. If you need bail money, call Mick. :lol:
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
bucky

Post by bucky »

Never herd all that. Went for a walk around the block today. There were several people walking. Wasn't planning on stopping anywhere.
Bucky
bucky

Post by bucky »

Mick wont give me bail money. I tried to get him to make a bologna sandwich, and glass of water to the city park in Americas and yell at each other from 6ft. He wouldn't.
Bucky
How about you Mike. Had a hamburger lately?
Parkville Rider

Good news Bucky, it’s not state wide yet in Kansas so ride like the wind! 👍
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

I just finished a bunch of maint items on the DR 650 and if the rain quits will test it out and bed in the new brake pads. Was able to ride the Harley last evening--roads are sure empty. Just LOOKING for stuff to do that I have been putting off 8-)
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
bucky

Post by bucky »

Leo.....Good to hear from you. I just read the Lawrence paper, and it seams they don't deem my motorcycle ride needed. They don't know me.
So guess I wont be heading for the Flint Hills tomorrow.
Sure will be nice when we can ride down to where yo live.
Bucky
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Motorcycle riding is more necessary/important than anything else, even (-----). No problems here with restrictions so far--just got back from Wal-Mart and it is very civil here. No cases positive in Baxter Co.
If you are not aware, Recreation.gov cancelled the "Fools" campout reservation and will refund Bob's $$.fee.. Yes, when restrictions are over we need to plan something (not sure when and if the Rendezvous will cancel).
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

I did make you a bologna sandwich Bucky! I just put it out on the front porch and thought you’d come by and pick it up. It’s still there but I think you’d better pick it up by the end of the day today because the sun has been hitting it all morning.
I went out to sit on my bike this morning and decided it was time to at least start it up but no luck, battery was dead. First time I’ve had a bike battery go down from length of time between rides! I guess the security system on the Indian keeps working whether you need it or not!

I did venture out to drop some things off for my accountant yesterday afternoon and there was no traffic on the streets. I had to call when I got there and they sent someone out to pick it up from me in the car. I could find a parking place anywhere I wanted on Massachusetts street in downtown Lawrence, a rarity for the normally bustling area anytime day or night. Even physical therapy for my rotator cuff surgery has been cancelled for the next month so hope that doesn’t slow down my recovery and prevent me from getting in a motorcycle ride late in the spring (that was my goal).

I sure do miss our weekly get-togethers. Let’s hope that by May things will have lightened a bit and we can eat those bologna sandwiches in a park somewhere. And Bucky, if you haven’t picked yours up by the end of today I’ll move it inside and keep it in the garage until you’re ready for it!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
bucky

Post by bucky »

Good one Mick. I too miss our weekly meet's. It will be nice to get everyone back together. When this is all over I think it would be nice if all the ROMEO'S were to get together in the city park of AMERICUS and celebrate what a great country we have.
Just put a little chain lube on that sandwich to preserve it.
Bucky
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Our Sedgwick County "stay at home" order allows outdoor activities so long as groups of ten or more aren't involved. Brian went so far as to check with the county, and was told motorcycling was OK. Steve, Fred, and I went for a ride today (probably while Brian was on hold with the county...) We covered about 225 miles, Wichita to Sun City. It was above eighty degrees in Medicine Lodge; had to open the vents on my jacket. Heading to Winfield tomorrow to eat a carry-out chili burger in the park (at a safe distance, of course.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
radon

Post by radon »

Love the stimulation of riding in a 50 mph gusting wind. :shock: :o
Parkville Rider

Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly issues statewide stay-at-home order: The order takes effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, March 30, and will stay in effect through April 19, the governor said at a news conference Saturday morning.

https://www.kshb.com/news/coronavirus/k ... home-order
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
bucky

Post by bucky »

Roger sounds like you had a good ride. It sure feels good to get out and ride. And we don't come in contact with as many people as 10 min in grocery store.
Radon I went around Clinton Lake today. Was tricky going across those bridges. What happened to your bike awhile back?
Bucky