Bentonville, AR BMW DEALERSHIP

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
TomK

Bentonville, AR BMW DEALERSHIP

Post by TomK »

Today I learned that Bentonville BMW will close permanently at the end of Sept. Jerry, and Bob May, the owners are good guys. Business has been off with on-line purchases hurting them, and their head shop tech took another job recently. There are lots of options now for bikes that fit every need. BMW is not a bargain brand either, and young riders apparently want sportier bikes or even cruisers. Several of us who owned BMW's rode 100,000+ miles on ours.

Jerry always treated me well, offering info to help me do my own service. Deniece was always helpful, would order items for me saying I could pay later. Great people, great service in my mind.

The dealership held an open house with grilled food and sides the same weekend as the Crane, MO bike rally. Very generous of them, not sure how many of us there said thanks, but many of us did.

Seems many young riders don't ride as many of us have, nor appreciate the great rallys put on across America. Participation in those has dropped significantly.

Anyway, hate to see the dealership close, but it was a very good one while it lasted!

Tom K
Parkville Rider

Re: Bentonville, AR BMW DEALERSHIP

Post by Parkville Rider »

Just shows if you don't support your local dealerships (just like local restaurants) they suffer the consequences of having to call it quits. I know BMWs cost a lot more than biscuits and gravy, but the same principle applies. As a former small business owner, I understand their predicament.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT