No Ride This Week - 1/3/2010

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

JerryM100

No Ride This Week - 1/3/2010

Post by JerryM100 »

You gotta be kidding me, there is no end in sight! This feels like North Dakota or something! I went to the Kansas City BMW Club's Annual Black Ice Ride on Friday the 1st. It was on State Line Road at Waid's and about half a dozen riders showed up on their bikes (16 degrees out!). All in all there were about a dozen or more people there. I was up for the ride and could have done it -- except I couldn't make it the first 3 feet. My ice-damned gutters have been dripping down onto the driveway and now it is a patch of glare ice right in front of the door. The rest of the driveway is clear - it is just about a foot or two of ice.

So keep an eye on the weather reports, someday I hope we get some global warming back.

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
shovelmike

Re: No Ride This Week - 1/3/2010

Post by shovelmike »

I know what you mean Jerry, I've got a little case of cabin fever going on here too. I go to the garage, clean, polish, plan for warm days to come.
Here's wishing a happy and prosperous 2010 to everyone on this forum. God bless and ride safe....when you can ride. :D Sincerely: Shovelmike.
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Guys--Hope the snow melts soon "way up North" in KC. Here are a few pix, if it works, of my New Years Day ride from Gassville, through Mountain View to Conway. 18 degrees to start, then warmed up to 45 or so later. 325 mile round trip--nice ride--then the next day the weather turned to just like yours and has stayed that way. Cheers, Leo
http://picasaweb.google.com/LeoD43/Jan1 ... directlink
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
shovelmike

Post by shovelmike »

Nice pictures, Leo, thanks for posting. That Kubota Diesel bike is interesting. I have always been intrigued with the old longitudinal fours such as the Indian 4 and Henderson and thought it would be interesting to build such a bike around a modern 4 cyl....not that I have enough talent to pull it off.