ROMEO WEBSITE DONATION FUND

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
schoolmaster

ROMEO WEBSITE DONATION FUND

Post by schoolmaster »

We have just recently concluded the annual website donation cycle with the following groups contributing: Texas, NW Arkansas, Kansas City, Eastern Kansas, South Central Kansas and North Central Kansas as well as two donations from individuals that I received in the mail. The fact that all groups contributed indicates that everyone uses the website and finds it of value. I personally feel that it is the common denominator that we all have for staying in touch with one another and it is an essential tool for keeping each of our groups informed about individual area activities.

As a general summary, we started the cycle with $440 left over from previous years donations and an anonymous contribution that Roger Shores turned over to me. It costs us approximately $600 per year to operate the website and we are extremely fortunate that Jerry continues to donate his time and expertise to keep the website state of the art and evolving to keep up with our growth. Without that expertise donated, it would cost us significantly more to maintain the website as it now exists. As we grow, we continue to be an attractive target for hackers which necessitates additional expenditures to keep our site secure, and larger numbers of contributors and photos requires more server capacity.

Our donation cycle this time around netted over $800 which will allow us to pay our next annual bill next summer and will leave us with a comfortable balance (not as large as the balance cushion we had this cycle but still sufficient) to begin the next cycle.

A big thank you to all who contributed to keep the website viable and an essential part of the communication we need to all stay informed. And an even bigger thanks for your participation in ROMEO rides that makes us one of the most successful completely voluntary motorcycle rider groups in the country. Here's to many great ROMEO rides in 2019! it is indeed a great day to be a ROMEO!!

MICK LOWE (aka schoolmaster)
Eastern Kansas Ride Coordinator
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster