Fall Rendezvous 2018

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
roginoz

Fall Rendezvous 2018

Post by roginoz »

Due to the sale of our previous location, The Hub, and feedback from those who have visited the new operation, we're changing our fall rendezvous location slightly. We'll still be in the same general area as in previous years, with great roads to ride, but with different lodging accomodations. The Hub was a great location, and provided a convenient restaurant and meeting areas, but those amenities are no longer available.

Headquarters, and our suggested lodging choice, is the Super 8 in Harrison, Arkansas. This is a few miles north of the old Hub location; while we don't have the advantage of being in the “boondocks,” we do have better access to restaurants and other businesses. People whose opinions I trust have told me that the Super 8 isn't fancy, but it's clean, reasonable, and close to everything we need.

The “formal” rendezvous (well as formal as ROMEO stuff gets...) will be on Tuesday, September 11 and Wednesday, September 12. Most of us will arrive on Monday, September 10 and depart on Thursday, September 13. As with all of our events, arrive as early as you want and stay as long as you wish.

We'll try to find a location for a group meal on Wednesday evening, as has been our custom. In lieu of the bonfires we had at the Hub, we'll probably just do some parking lot tire kicking each evening.

You can get a free motorcycle riding guide for the Harrison area by going to:
https://www.harrisonarkansas.org/c_upe_view.php?id=34 and clicking on the appropriate link.

There's also a more generic guide at:
https://www.arkansas.com/motorcycling/guide/

You can contact the Super 8 in Harrison for reservations by calling (870) 741-1741. Tell them you're with the ROMEO group, our rate is $69 (plus tax) per night for a double room with one or two occupants. Rooms have mini refrigerators and microwaves, and wi-fi is free. There's an outdoor pool, and a complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 6 AM to 9:30 AM.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
lindad608

Re: Fall Rendezvous 2018

Post by lindad608 »

FYI. For anyone traveling with a pet. The hotel charges $15. per night non refundable.
They only have 4 rooms (2 smoking and 2 non-smoking pet rooms).
TheSpider

Post by TheSpider »

I may share room with non-smoker for September 10-13 at Motel-8 in Harrison. Anyone going out or near Wichita to Fall Rendezvous on early September 10 (or perhaps earlier) to group travel, fine. I reserved 2 Queen for myself. Jack
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Mickey and I (and possibly another one or two) are leaving Wichita on Monday the 10th. Not sure of time or details just yet; there's plenty of time until the rendezvous. I suspect that there will be others riding down from our area. You might want to ask around at the South Central weekly rides.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

We had approximately forty people at the rendezvous in Harrison. (They didn't stand still long enough to get a good count; there were at least thirty-seven of us at dinner on Wednesday. The Super 8 was a pretty good place to stay, the weather was excellent, the roads were good as usual, and we found a place that could accommodate all of us for dinner. It looks like we'll be able to keep the fall get-together going regardless of any possible developments with the Hub.

Randall and Deb, who formerly operated the Hub, stopped by to visit on Wednesday afternoon. Contrary to rumor, they are not taking the place back, so the Hub's future is still up in the air. (Still for sale, if anyone's looking for a retirement project...) The group who had taken over the facility have been evicted, and apparently there's no-one interested just yet. We'll keep an eye on developments, but as I mentioned earlier we have other options for next year.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photo link: Very safe site, I own it. NO bots, emails or concerns

http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/fallrendezvous18 <----CLICK IT
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T