Passing of Grand pa Jack

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
rcrgl1800

Passing of Grand pa Jack

Post by rcrgl1800 »

We have just learned of the passing of a Romeo. Grand pa Jack passed away Saturday April 15, 2017. His cancer had returned. I know a lot of you knew him but for those of you that don't he was a past coordinator for the Southeast Kansas Romeos. He had moved to north of the river and had been active with the KC Romeos. When we get the info for the arrangements we will let you know.
joetnks

Re: Passing of Grand pa Jack

Post by joetnks »

So sorry to hear that. I've known Jack for some years serving with him as an officer of the Kansas State Firefighter's Assoc. travelling around the State doing fire schools. Such great memories. My sincere condolences to Vicky and the kids.
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Grandpa Jack 2.jpg
Grandpa Jack.JPG
Grandpa Jack.JPG (52.17 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
[attachment=0]Grandpa Jack 2.jpg[/attachment]
Johnatan came from California to spend a little time with Grandpa and his family, as he did last year. A fine you man growing like a weed. I think Jack said the lady on his left Anja Weippert was a foreign exchange student from Germany that had lived with Jack and his family while she went to school. She is back visiting her US family.
Last edited by shoresr on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
alyle123

Post by alyle123 »

Memorial Services for Grandpa Jack Graves will be on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, at 11:00 a.m. They will be held at the Jones-Vanarsdale Funeral Home in Lebo, Ks. The address is 107 W 6th St in Lebo.

Following the service, Vickie and the family invite EVERYONE to have lunch ON THEM at the HEIDI INN located just a couple of blocks away. Brisket, pulled pork and the fixin's will be the menu.

The weather forecast looks favorable for a good turnout. Let's do Jack proud!

Lyle
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Jack P. Graves
Jack P. Graves
Jack Graves.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
Memorial life history posted on KSFFA's Fire News Blog

https://ksffa.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/jack-p-graves/
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Honoring friend and fellow Romeo Grandpa Jack Graves. Hope he is riding in good company. RIP

As a rule, I don't enjoy saying goodbye. The Romeos is a fun social group, but many times you really don't get to know someone close enough to realize how great a life they have experienced until after they are gone. Today was one of those "ah ha" moments as friends and family gathered together to celebrate the life of "Grandpa" Jack Graves.

To conclude, it was unfortunate the celebration of Jack's life happened on a travel day to the Spring ROMEO Rendezvous; otherwise, we could have easily overwhelmed the funeral home in Lebo KS. As it turned out maybe 6 Romeos plus a few other riders, friends, and family joined together to celebrate Jack's life. To say it was a great life would be an understatement. The atmosphere was, without a doubt, the best I've ever seen with stories sharing his occupations and adventures including his obsession with motorcycles, NASCAR, birds and the animals at the Emporia Zoo. To meet Jack you would probably not realize what a dynamic life he lived even to the very end. Godspeed Grandpa Jack and we hope to live up to the life example you set for all of us.

Attachments
IMG_2923.JPG
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2928.JPG
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
joetnks

Post by joetnks »

It was a nice celebration of life for a good man. Good to see some ROMEO's there. I went to represent two factions, the ROMEO's though I wasn't wearing a shirt and the fire service from which I first met Jack and had a lot of interaction with over the years. Enjoyed seeing his family after so many years. RIP Jack!