South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I haven't had much luck second guessing the weather lately, so I'm just going to post a ride and deal with whatever Mother Nature throws at us. If it's nice, enjoy a good motorcycle ride. If it's not, you all have something with four wheels and a roof.

We've been to the Red Barn a couple of times, and everyone seemed to like the place pretty well. They serve standard cafe fare, including breakfast all day, so it's a good bet that you'll find something to your liking.

Caldwell is about sixty miles, or an hour's ride, south and slightly west of Wichita. You can get there via the Kansas Turnpike and US166/US81/US166, or K42 and K49. There's only about ten minutes difference between routes. The Red Barn is at the south end of town; it'll show up on the east side of the road right about the time you think you've missed it.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 19

PLACE:

The Red Barn
624 S. Main
Caldwell, KS
(620) 845-2171

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

A real WOW-ZER ROMEO day today! We had 48 sign the book, 46 bikes rolled 3449 miles to The Red Barn in Caldwell. ROMEO's filled the café full, several scrambled to find a place to sit. Fantastic food, many had breakfast and others took in the lunch. Just a great time!

Not such good news- ROMER member Shirley Wege, (husband Junior from Oxford) is suffering a serious illness. We wish her the best and hope for a full and quick recovery. Jr and Shirley host the fall Rendezvous in September, and this has been cancelled for this year. Possible another may take it and make it work, but as of now it's likely not happening this year. BTW, I know Junior's actual first name, but I am not telling!

Roger will post next week's ride in a couple days. Several will be at the Spring Rendezvous in Eureka Springs and will miss next week ride.
Photos made today @ Red Barn-I got carried away and made a bunch
Attachments
1a.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
1576.jpg
1582.jpg
1613.jpg
1614.jpg
1620.jpg
1622.jpg
1625.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
jerrymich

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 19, 11:00 AM

Post by jerrymich »

Nice pics Charles. Good to see Dale there!!