North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 12/7/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 12/7/16

Post by Roadpounder »

Due to some fiscal irregularities this month I was unable to post anything this week as my internet connection was interrupted temporarily. That being said I'M BAAAACCCK!! The weatherman is showing us no mercy this week, with his forecast of a high of 30 and (GASP!!) SNOW! Being this cold I may even have to break out my winter tank top and flip flops. With that in mind I decided that it would be best to stay close and warm. So I think the Cafeteria at K-State would be a reasonable alternative for Wednesday. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be bringing my truck.

Time 11:30

Here's the place..............KSU Salina Cafeteria
2310 Centennial Rd.
Salina, KS 67401
785-826-2640 or 1-800-248-5782

Well the weatherman delivered as promised. Cold wet and nasty when I pulled into K State. A perfect day to leave the bike in the garage. The dusting of snow on the truck was easily swept away with a broom. That worked well since my truck has no windshield wipers. Entering the building I wandered aimlessly until I found something resembling a cafeteria. Meeting with success in my search I joined the line to make my way through the treasure trove of culinary delights. Salsbury steak, mashed potatoes and peas with a side of pizza seemed like a pretty good choice. In the dining room I found the early birds at the usual table over by the wall. I joined them on the wall side which I discovered to not be the wisest choice. Once settled in I soon found myself flanked by Duane on the right and Bob on the left, making it difficult at best to get out to take pictures. So I did the next best thing and pointed the camera around from my vantage point to get what shots I could. I soon finished my entree and wanted to go for my second assault on the buffet. But more of the group had arrived in the mean time further hindering my escape. But patients eventually won out and a hole opened up and I bolted. Another round of salsbury steak and pizza and I was set. By the time I got through the pie I couldn't eat another bite and was fed for the day. After the feed bag was removed and we all started to trickle out it had started to snow. Bad news for my truck sans wipers. I was able to clear enough windshield to make an educated guess as to what was ahead of me I made my way home.
Motorcicle.jpg
Motorcicle.jpg (37.95 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Attachments
101_2005.JPG
101_2006.JPG
101_2007.JPG
101_2008.JPG
101_2009.JPG
101_2010.JPG
101_2011.JPG