North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 9/14/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 9/14/16

Post by Roadpounder »

This one is a bit of a hike. 114 miles from Salina. But the weather is supposed to be mild and it should be a good ride. I'll be leaving you on your own as I'll be with my mother for her 102nd birthday, so if any of you want to snap pictures, have at it. I wish I could go along but I'll be getting plenty of riding as I'm taking the bike to Warsaw MO, and then to Milwaukee to visit my daughter. See you in a couple weeks. BTW I'll have something set up for the 21st and the 28th if I'm not back by then.

RED ALERT!! TIME CHANGE!! Ricky's just called me and informed me that they're booked for 11:00 and needs us to hold off til 12:30. SPREAD THE WORD. :o

TIME....................12:30

Here it is.............. Ricky's Cafe
323 E North St
Hanover, Kansas 66945
(785) 337-8903

Facebook page........ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rickys-C ... 38?fref=ts

Web Page.............

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Richard

Re: North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 9/14/16

Post by Richard »

Guys - I was in Arkansas at the Romeo Rendezvous so I missed this one but at coffee today at Wendys where the guys gather at 3:00 pm. Someone commented that there were about 27 or 28 that showed up at Hanover. It has been many a year since I was there last but I remember it as being a great place to eat. It was said that Nick may have failed to check the website prior to heading out because he arrived a bit early and wasn't aware apparently of the setback of the lunch time. He needs to mellow out a bit anyway so I'm sure this probably did him some good to just 'cool' his heels so to speak.
I was a bit disappointed in the turnout from our group in Arkansas. We were the least represented group there but with Joyce and I along with Arnie and Jean Boyd and Denny and Gibbo, we at least had a presence. Of course I pointed out that we are further away that all the others groups as well.
The roads over there are not to be taken lightly as past mishaps have happened often and this year was no different. A rider from another group was riding ,with his wife on the back, when he had a front wheel lockup as I've been told and it threw his wife off breaking her leg in three places. I'll try to find out more detail and report with an update to her condition.
Injuries aside, this continues to be the culmination to our riding year that we always look forward to. It's totally foreign to the flat roads we have around here but an area that will definitely put a smile on your face from morning til night. Self control in a must however! Newbies to the area should start slow and work your way up year after year. Ride your own ride is preached over and over. Just give it a try.....you'll like it.........no.....you'll LOVE IT!
Whoever Marty gave the sign up book to......drop by the site here and give us some accurate detail!
wil6831

Post by wil6831 »

Ahhh....how soon they forget. Although not active with the North Central Kansas ROMEOs I was there at the same table and stood up to be counted. Wish more of the Salina crew at been there, I miss y'all and you missed some fine weather and riding :D
Leonard, Hull, GA
2004 Royal Enfield Bullet (gone)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (sold)
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
Richard

Post by Richard »

Oh my gosh Leonard - how in the world did I forget you buddy!