Antique motor cycle rally at Abilene today

Moderator: Roadpounder

cyclone

Antique motor cycle rally at Abilene today

Post by cyclone »

Hi guys;

I have not been on many rides of late because of some bug I got a couple of months ago that the doctors have not been able to figure out yet. I have had every test know to man all negative. Getting much better though on my own. I am full of holes and short of blood where they keep stealing it to test and run blood cultures. I call them vampires. LOL So far I have had one ekg, two echo's, one stomach scope to look at the back side of my heart, numerous blood tests, and two lung x rays. So far nothing.

What I really wanted to talk about is the Antique Motorcycle Rally. It is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week. I was fortunate enough to be In down town Abilene when they all stopped at the Abilene Visitors center. They were all riding really old bikes some of which had been restore to perfection. Some of them were from California and I talked with one couple riding a Pan Head from Wichita.

Among the Harleys, there were pans, shovels, knuckles, and flat heads. I saw several Indians of various models, some BMW's with side cars, and some old Brit bikes. It was really a sight to see and hear all these old bikes up and running like it was 1940 all over again.

They call this chapter the Sunflower chapter and ride out of Junction City. They were headed for Wakefield from here. You might want to put this on your list for next year to check out when they are going to ride and then plan your lunch ride to meet with them somewhere along the way.

Hope to be riding a little more soon and go on another Romeo Ride. Jim Kraft