Anyone Heard from Jerry Matson?

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
TomK

Anyone Heard from Jerry Matson?

Post by TomK »

Jerry moved to TX North of Houston. Just wondering if anyone knows if he escaped the hurricane impacts or not.
Thanks, Tom K
Parkville Rider

Re: Anyone Heard from Jerry Matson?

Post by Parkville Rider »

Jerry Matson is fortunate to be away from the flooding and doing well the last I heard from him.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
JerryM100

Re: Anyone Heard from Jerry Matson?

Post by JerryM100 »

Greetings Tom (and all), thanks for asking. We are really fortunate to be living in the northwest part of Houston and, apparently, on some higher ground. Neighbors all around us (within a mile or two) who live close to a creek or bayou are experiencing problems as everything that flows water is completely overwhelmed and out of its banks. The rain came down for days and days while we just hunkered down and watched the TV news. Fortunately, we didn't get the winds and lightening so power stayed on.

The flooding down in Houston and some surrounding areas is quite historic. I won't bother with stories because it is all over the news. It is incredible.

But the response by the officials and volunteers is impressive! The city officials were prepared and the state is responding well. And did you hear about the "Cajun Navy"? Hundreds of guys in pickup trucks with their airboats and fishing boats came over from Louisiana to help with water rescues and distributing relief supplies. Was that amazing or what?? Great effort from our neighbors over there! I hope they are on their way back now to help their own who are being flooded now.

And the most amazing thing, in my mind, is the overall upbeat positive spirit of people! They are dealing with it and helping each other with little complaining or feel sorry for themselves.

But as is always the case the hardest part is yet to come. After all the news cameras go away people will be left to rebuild their homes and lives and businesses for months to come. That is when true character reveals itself.

Your ever vigilant web site administrator,

Jerry M
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage