Forums Status Update

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
JerryM100

Forums Status Update

Post by JerryM100 »

I have been working behind the scenes to fix some long lasting issues and update the software application that runs these forums. It is quite a technical process and, while not terribly difficult, is quite unforgiving of errors (kinda like riding a motorcycle!).

So recently I made some changes and they have not been working well (caused some other issues). I always keep a fully functioning mirror site "just in case" but that completely failed in the test update process. Last night I got that working again finally. I can't make any changes to the main website if I don't know I have a good backup or mirror site to revert to.

Right now the main issue seems to be that if you make a post you will get a white screen and then you have to back up. But your post has been posted - you just have to reload to see it. Pretty unsettling I know.

Now I am ready to go to the new version but I want to wait until at least Friday when everyone's rides are done. The new application is done and working well, I just want to be safe when I switch us over. You won't notice any difference other than a few minor items but it will be more secure and we need to keep up with the times.

Sorry for any inconvenience but I am working to make it better all the time.

Jerry M
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
TomK

Re: Forums Status Update

Post by TomK »

Thanks for keeping the web site going Jerry. It is appreciated very much.