Wiring Issues

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
alyle123

Wiring Issues

Post by alyle123 »

Last April at the Spring Rendezvous my 1990 Goldwing trike started blowing a fuse and, after shutting it down it would not restart unless that fuse was replaced. Not a big deal as long as I don't mind replacing them whenever needed...but they are needed more and more frequently.

I took it to a guy that specializes in electrical challenges and after 3 months of playing with it, nothing was resolved. I then took it to the local Honda shop and after looking it over they have told me they really aren't interested in working on it. So I am now hoping to find a recommendation of someone that might be able to help me out. Any suggestions out there? I can haul it most anywhere.

Lyle Adcock Fort Scott, KS 620-215-0534 ladcock@cebridge.net
Roadpounder

Re: Wiring Issues

Post by Roadpounder »

Which fuse is blowing? Is it the fuseable link by the solenoid? If it is it's probably a short in the main circuit. Does it blow if the key is off? Is there anything you are doing that is common to each time the fuse blows, such as turns, acceleration or deceleration, or any other time? It sounds rather intermittent, which could indicate a chaffed wire occasionally shorting to ground.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to contact me.

Marty