Motorcycle Consumer News

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
wil6831

Motorcycle Consumer News

Post by wil6831 »

There is a familiar name on a letter to the editor in the new September issue of "Motorcycle Consumer News". Richard Kurtz giving the ROMEOs a little national exposure. Good job Richard.
Leonard, Hull, GA
2004 Royal Enfield Bullet (gone)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (sold)
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
Parkville Rider

Re: Motorcycle Consumer News

Post by Parkville Rider »

Sounds like we've really grown! :?
Attachments
Motorcycle Consumer News September page 5
Motorcycle Consumer News September page 5
Romeo Richard Kurtz.jpg (181.52 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

If it works, you can subscribe to the topic (at the bottom on the group topic and the forum should send you an email each time a new topic is added or amended with a reply. At least that's how it's supposed to work as long as you view the link in the auto email. I have found, however, this feature is inconsistent. As you asked your question using Tapatalk, it should be sending you notifications if you've subscribed to the topic on Tapatalk. That's how I know to update the weekly ride map http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

A guy contacted me using the contact form on the web site and asked how he could start a Romeo group in Oregon. He said he saw this article in MCN and thought it sounded like a good idea. We emailed a few times and then I called him. His name is Bill Spencer and he lives a little east of Portland, Oregon on the Columbia River. He has a long background in motorcycle safety starting and managing programs in Washington state and Oregon. So I created a new forum for him and his new riders (look at the bottom of the list, just above Texas). We'll see how it goes, many others have tried and not done so well. San Antonio failed, Dallas is struggling, North Georgia died off, but a few others continue on a limited basis, like Cathy in England. (Did you know we had a Romeo group in England???)

So thanks to Richard for the article, it appears to be working to get our word out. Another forum or two and I am going to have to reorganize the list!

Jerry M
Romeos Website Administrator and Chief Bottle Washer
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
JerryM100

Simplistic, yet far reaching

Post by JerryM100 »

This is a message sent to me thru the contact page of the website, so I am copying it here.

The message is from Steve Hinsch and he wrote to me:

"Just read the article in September's MCN EDITOR'S LETTERS (September, 2016) from founder Richard Kurtz. Inspiring to say the least. I truly believe that often times simplicity is the solution to so may issues in our society. I appreciate that y'all "grew to where you were a detriment to the local business on which they depend," but it sure had its benefits. Getting bikes out, yes, and supporting local business is win/win. Good that y'all spread out. I expect it's Georgia's turn. Thank you, Mr. Kurtz, and other RomeoRiders. Stay awesome!"