breakaway

NC ROMEO'S

Post by breakaway »

any groups in central NC?
Klem

Re: NC ROMEO'S

Post by Klem »

Breakaway:

Right now it is pretty much Kansas with Western Mo. and some Oklahoma. I am sure there are other groups around using a similar format.

This is an internet based group. Started with simply one man collecting email addresses of riders that wanted to join in for lunch. There are no dues, membership or any normal club type problems. One person in each area takes the responsibility to contact the Cafe and then post meeting place and time.

Jerry is our webmaster and I believe the opening page has a contact address for him. I am sure he will answer this post also. He has the website set up so groups can be added. Talk it over with him and he will get things set up so there will be an area in the website for your group. You will need to provide a sucker to set up the rides.

I have been involved for about 10-12 years and that was not at the beginning of the group. There were 10-15 showing at that time. We now have 300-400 riders in Kansas and Mo. that join in. We have four rides a week during the nice part of the year, which is anything above 50 degrees for the high and above freezing for the low. The group has grown by word of mouth only.

This has been one of the more enjoyable things that I have been involved with. There is no agenda, just people that like to ride and visit. All of our rides meet at the cafe. Some of the folks meet and ride together going and coming. Most of the riders in my area arrive as singles or groups of five or under. But you can do what ever you like. There are no rules.

A suggestion if you start this in your area there are many printing companies that will print up business cards for free. You can use those to help get the word out. Good luck in starting a group. It takes a little time, but all us old guys have lots of stories to tell. It gives a good reason to get on a bike and ride.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
JerryM100

Re: NC ROMEO'S

Post by JerryM100 »

Breakaway,

This is Jerry and I created this web site to give us a place to gather and share stories, tips, and weekly ride destinations. I keep it pretty simple - there is a place for General Discussions and then there is a forum for each general area where someone coordinates a weekly ride for a group. While they have 'regulars' (friends developed over time) anyone is welcome to join on any ride with any kind of bike.

I also considered the idea that being a web site on the Internet the occasion might arise that someone might want to start a group in another area. If you would like to do that I can set a separate forum up for you in about 10 minutes. Now if 6 people (or 50) want to start new areas around the country I also have a plan to reorganize so the first page doesn't get too busy.

All you need is a desire to coordinate destinations to ride and have a few friends agree to use the web site here to find them. Of course, you could do that by email, but then how will you find new friends?? It's amazing how many people find us with a simple Google search.

So I am writing to answer your question in a long-winded way, but also to answer a question that a lot of other people around the country may have and not asked yet.

Write to me by using the little email icon on the right, or just post here for all to see.

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage