Central Ride Group

Richard

Central Ride Group

Post by Richard »

Jerry - Richard here ...I have a website change for you to make for me.
I'm splitting the Central Group into a Northern Area and a Southern Area. East and West directions will stay the same as they are presently designated. North/South designation split at Hesston. Neither one wants to give up Skoops.
The reason for this change is that we, as a group, have grown so in number in the past year than we have literally outgrown the little places that we originally formed to help. That sounds strange. One would think just the opposite but the fact is that most of the really small places cannot handle a group of the size that we've become. So, responsible adjustments must be made for our ever expanding growth. This doubles the coverage within our segment of the State and allows each ROMEO a wider range of riding opportunities for personal enjoyment.
This will also allow more flexibility to me personally and to those that have volunteered to help me in this endeavor.
'General' Robert (Bob) Lee has graciously agreed to work with me and head up the Southern Segment of the Central ROMEO Lunch Ride Group and I know he will do a fine job. He's a very personable guy and knowledgeable beyond his years.
I will continue to head up the Northern Segment for the time being, and plan to devote more time to getting something positive to happen in the Western Area of the State now that I have a Old, but New to me, '89' Gold Wing in my garage.
The wife just said 'FINALLY'.
Plans are already in place for next Wednesday as a joint ride and the following Wednesday the 10th we will be going back to the 'Scene of the Accident' on a return trip to Lincoln to do right by the kind lady and the Cafe that got rained out.
This puts Bobs first ride on the date of the 17th of June. I hope you can get these changes up and running by that time.
Thanks Jerry for all your help doing this confusing stuff. Richard Kurtz
JerryM100

Re: Central Ride Group

Post by JerryM100 »

Richard,

Sounds like a good positive change - growth is good. It means more people are enjoying the sport and the camaraderie.

I can make the change soon, although I am in the process of moving right now. I would like to ensure I understand that you would like your group discussion forum renamed to "North Central Group" and General Bob's group created with the name "Southern Central Group". I will make him a moderator of that group as well so he can manage it. If you don't have any changes that is what I will do.

Glad to help, I enjoy doing my little contribution here to facilitate everyone's enjoyment.

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage