suggestion

hoser

suggestion

Post by hoser »

I suggest that the general discussion carry most recent posts at the top, would save scrolling down to find recent posts. Most forums I participate in are done that way . Hoser :mrgreen:
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle
JerryM100

Re: suggestion

Post by JerryM100 »

Hoser,

If you look the post ARE sorted by time. The only exceptions are the posts labeled "Sticky" because they are announcements that "stick" to the top. That is also the way most forums are configured. Once those events (like the pancake brunch) happen Don will remove the post.

We will keep the number of 'sticky' posts down to just a few so it doesn't get confusing, but they serve a good purpose of keeping important and timely events at the top so they don't get lost down the list.

Hope that works for you.

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
Klem

Post by Klem »

The nature of the system does that John. Any time a reply is put to a post that post goes to the top. The stickies that stay to the top are things that are dated as events to keep them current. As things like the pancake feed happen they will be deleted as there is no other interest there. The post like Bucky's ride will have the sticky removed so they can move down the line as time goes on, but won't delete it as it will probably have replies after the event.

The other sticky is the one I posted that is about how I view what we do and I guess maybe it is time for it to move on down the line. Mostly it was at the top just so new folks would know what to expect.

The weekly ride post cannot be replied to just to keep them in time order.

Jerry and I were just discussing a way to have different subject matter or sorting and didn't come up with a solution yet. I think we maybe need a separate way of posting events so they can be found easy and not just fall in with other stuff. I would like to see stories such as Ken and Robin have posted is a separate area. But then the problems comes with too many places to go on the forum.

Jerry is doing a bang up job on the web site considering it is just as new to him as it is us. and we don't want to make changes to fast so we end up doing it again. Thanks much for your comments and please let us know what you think of the ideas I posted here or how you would like to see it.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
hoser

Post by hoser »

Didn't know about the stickys, thanx for the info. Hoser :oops:
Klem

Post by Klem »

Thanks for asking the question. We don't all see things in the same way. The only way we can make the Forum user friendly is to hear from the users. I think we are at a point where changes will come slow and after serious deliberation. I am by no way a computer whiz leaving Jerry to do all the work on the Forum.
I think we need to do some things to make it easier to find what we want to look at, but still don't want to make changes just for change sake. The only way we learn what is expected or wanted on the forum is for the users to tell us.

Are there any changes you would like to see. Any way of separating or combining things to make it work better?

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
hoser

Post by hoser »

Nope, it's just fine. Hoser
Attachments
engine_med11.jpg