Some more suggestions

John Desch

Some more suggestions

Post by John Desch »

Way to go guys...... now we are getting it closer to the one group we are. I have been struggling with the concept of the seperate places to post info. I am betting there are several folks that would like to see all the lunch/rides to be one section so we don't have to switch around two different places just to see where the choices are.

and.................... I really don't understand why we need two places to place a notice for something to sell. Dennis had to place a post for the Bergman in two places to insure it would be read by everyone. Wouldn't just one place work as well for everyone to see?

Now lets see.............. I have grumbled enough. Jerry, this site is just way cool and we all appreciate what you have done to make this happen. This site will add so much to our enjoyment possibilities with the ROMEOS. THANK YOU !!!!!

Oh By The Way.................. I am probably the only one in the group that could use a spell checker for posts on this site. I can't spell for Poo Poo as you have already figured out....... he he

Ok...................... one last thing. Richard and Don, I haven't thanked either of you for all you have done for the rest of us in setting up our rides. None of us have any idea what you go through each week to make this wonderful thing happen. THANK YOU !!!!!

Ol' John Desch
JerryM100

Re: Some more suggestions

Post by JerryM100 »

John,

I always appreciate feedback and good ideas. I don't know why we couldn't merge the For Sale forums. They really are just a holdover from when I originally designed the two regions to be independent but identical. We have changed them so much that it doesn't matter any more.

But I will defer to Don and Richard regarding the Weekly Ride forums. They have built their constituencies over years thru their email groups. Those that are kindof in the middle have gotten themselves on both email lists. So it seems to me they would look for a separate ride notice from Richard or Don.

Look at it another way - this web site doesn't have to be for just eastern and central Kansas. We now have a member from Iowa and one or two from Missouri. If someone asked me to set up a forum so they could establish rides in their areas I would give them and their riders their own forums. Did you see that Richard asked me to set up a western Kansas forum? So if you understand that aspect of potential future growth then the users need accept the separation of the forums. That's my .02 cents, I will let them explain their opinions and I will do anything that pleases the most people.

Finally, regarding that spelcheker. If you watch closely as you type if you misspell a word when you hit the spacebar you will see a very faint red dotted line under the word. That is the spell checker letting you know it doesn't recognize the word. Now if it is a name then you can just ignore it. But if it is a word and you just can't remember how to spell it, hover your mouse cursor over it and right click on the word and it will pop up a list of best guesses. Pick one of those, or if it is still not there then you're sunk. Anyway, that's how the spelcheker works.

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
Klem

Post by Klem »

John I haven't talked with Richard but feel fairly confident that he agrees with me on keeping the weekly ride separate. There is no question that we welcome riders from anywhere to any of the lunches. I think that it could add confusion to have both rides the same forum. It isn't too much work to move your mouse to the other forum and click. I have talked with Richard and we both would like to get to the place of using the web site as the main way of sending messages. That will free up time and computer space for both of us. For those that still want an email they can subscribe to the weekly ride forum and the web site will send them an email of upcoming rides. ( I haven't tried this but is supposed to work) Richard, myself, and or who ever else wants to have rides for their area or take over ours, will be able to post the ride and after the ride post the ride report. Hopefully all other discussions etc will be on the discussion board. It will be easy to check out where the other rides will be and by keeping them in separate areas on the site help keep them from being confused. The times we have a joint ride we will post the in both areas like we do with email now.

As for the spell checker. One of the problems is your mouse. The little red dotted line will show as Jerry described but your Mac mouse doesn't have a right click button. So like me you will know you screwed up, just won't know how to fix it.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
John Desch

Post by John Desch »

That will be great...... thanks!

I see what you mean with the spel cheker!! I just bought a new mouse and it has of all things, a rite clik button!! And it works real well. Hooray for the apple kids !!!!!!

Thanks from ol' John
JerryM100

How to 'right-click' on an Apple Mac

Post by JerryM100 »

I'm glad John got a new mouse so he could right click and use the spellchecker. For those others (like Don/Klem) who haven't invested in that luxury yet, here is how you can work around that:

How to Right-Click on a Mac

"There are some things you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC, and vice versa. Right-clicking, however, is something you can do on both a Mac and a PC. The standard Mac OS mouse only has one button; the PC mouse has two or more. But you can still "right-click" on a Mac and use "contextual menus."

Step1 - Right-click by holding down the Control key and clicking.

Step2 - On the desktop, Control-click to bring up a menu with many Finder commands, such as Help, New Folder, View, Clean Up, Arrange, View Options, and Change Desktop Background.

Step3 - Point to your hard drive or an inserted disk or CD and Control-click to bring up a menu with commands such as Help, Open, Eject, Get Info, Label, Make Alias, Put Away, Add to Favorites, Index Selection, or Attach a Folder Action.

Step4 - Point to a folder and Control-click to bring up options such as Help, Open, Move to Trash, Get Info, Label, Make Alias, Put Away, Add to Favorites, Index Selection, or Attach a Folder Action.

Step5 - Point to a file and Control-click to bring up commands such as Help, Open, Move to Trash, Get Info, Label, Duplicate, Make Alias, Add to Favorites, or Index Selection.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_6542_click-mac.html
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
Klem

Re: How to 'right-click' on an Apple Mac

Post by Klem »

JerryinKC wrote:I'm glad John got a new mouse so he could right click and use the spellchecker. For those others (like Don/Klem) who haven't invested in that luxury yet, here is how you can work around that:

How to Right-Click on a Mac

"There are some things you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC, and vice versa. Right-clicking, however, is something you can do on both a Mac and a PC. The standard Mac OS mouse only has one button; the PC mouse has two or more. But you can still "right-click" on a Mac and use "contextual menus."

Step1 - Right-click by holding down the Control key and clicking.

Step2 - On the desktop, Control-click to bring up a menu with many Finder commands, such as Help, New Folder, View, Clean Up, Arrange, View Options, and Change Desktop Background.

Step3 - Point to your hard drive or an inserted disk or CD and Control-click to bring up a menu with commands such as Help, Open, Eject, Get Info, Label, Make Alias, Put Away, Add to Favorites, Index Selection, or Attach a Folder Action.

Step4 - Point to a folder and Control-click to bring up options such as Help, Open, Move to Trash, Get Info, Label, Make Alias, Put Away, Add to Favorites, Index Selection, or Attach a Folder Action.

Step5 - Point to a file and Control-click to bring up commands such as Help, Open, Move to Trash, Get Info, Label, Duplicate, Make Alias, Add to Favorites, or Index Selection.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_6542_click-mac.html

Which reminds me I went out to the shop to work on the bike. I thought the Anti-bicrangulator was out of adjustment but instead the left Folinoid had came loose and was causing the Pinger valve to fibulate. Jerry I'm one of those guys that still can't figure out why you have to go to "Start" to Stop.
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough