moto gp

viffer07

moto gp

Post by viffer07 »

hey, we have moto gp in texas.
there is a new track near austin that is a new venue to the series. it is my understanding it's going to be an annual event along with formula one racing.
several of the valley boys are going as are myself, my son and some of my friends.
the races will be held from april 19th thru the 21st. practice will be friday the 19th,qualifying on saturday, and sunday will be race day for the different classes.
this looks like it will be a darn good time. with some amazing riders on 200+ mph motorcycles.
the track is THE CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS south east of austin.
i have not researched hotels so don't know about availibility. our party will be camped in rvs at bastrop lake state park (south shore unit).
roginoz

Re: moto gp

Post by roginoz »

I'm planning to be there. We've attended all the MotoGP races in Indy; great racing there and the Austin Circuit of the Americas track should provide equally good action. I've already reserved rooms in south Austin, but still need to get hold of the COTA folks and secure tickets. (The Ticketmaster online link on their site didn't seem to offer the location I'd like.)

For those who don't follow MotoGP, it's probably the best motorcycle racing in the world. (World SuperBike is close...) Three classes: GP3 (250cc four stroke singles,) GP2 (everyone runs spec 600cc Honda fours,) and GP (the big boys - 1000cc prototypes and 1000cc claiming rule bikes based on superbike engines), so you get three races for the price of admission. (Indy also runs a pair of AMA Pro XR1200 races, too, but I don't think they're booked for Austin.)

Austin is only a day's ride from Kansas.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
viffer07

Post by viffer07 »

roger, don't think i've met you. were you at the big bend ride in october?
i will wear a long, sleeved orange ROMEO shirt on friday 19th of april for the practice runs.
e-mail for questions: viffer07@yahoo.com
my son is really excited about this event. (so am i)
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I think Roger Shores (we gotta a lotta Rogers around here...) was at the Big Bend event; I didn't make it. (Although I think he was on his way down there when I met him for breakfast in Wichita to pick up some ROMEO shirts.)

Maybe we should have a ROMEOs breakfast on one of the MotoGP days. (Practice or qualifying days - Friday or Saturday - might work.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
mofla

Post by mofla »

Hey Viffer ! got hooked up on the RR site ! Thnks much for the info ! Looks like i will b meeting some more of yuzz soon !
This race is new to me except for a clip that was goin around on line ! Must see event !!! I will be telling some of my rider friends about it and as time gets closer will make arrangements ! Thnks again !!
Mo
viffer07

Post by viffer07 »

howdy mofla
where you from?
hope to meet more riders at the races.