Friday, December 11th to Pleasanton, KS at 11:00 A.M.

alyle123

Friday, December 11th to Pleasanton, KS at 11:00 A.M.

Post by alyle123 »

Weatherman is calling for partly sunny and 65 degrees this Friday! Loyal says "Let's go to Pleasanton" The special that day is a burnt-end plate. They also, I believe, still serve breakfast all day. They are looking forward to having us visit again.

Mee-Maws cafe
602 Main St
Pleasanton, KS

Ride safe.

(for Tad from Roger)Plan a good ride and enjoy the day
Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides: Use this map to plan your route and figure your time.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Thanks Gary for doing this for us :P
shoresr

Re: Friday, December 11th to Pleasanton, KS at 11:00 A.M.

Post by shoresr »

I didn't see anyone else taking pictures today, so I thought I would make a post. If you took some pictures or have a comment please don't let me stop you.[attachment=15]016.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]007.JPG[/attachment]This has to be one of the biggest turnouts for Southeast Kansas, over 22 :!: and I know it has to be the biggest turnout for a December lunch. The crew at Mee Maw's was really pleased that the ROMEOs came back. Breakfast or lunch was good, as well as the service.[attachment=13]002.JPG[/attachment]At the request of Mee Maw's Lyle furnished them a Romeo shirt, they had if framed and asked that all the ROMEOs sign it.[attachment=12]003.JPG[/attachment]Thanks, that is really nice. Mee Maw's like so many places we go, truly appreciate our patronage. ;) [attachment=11]008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]004.JPG[/attachment]It is really nice to have so many ladies come to the lunches. There are a higher percentage of ladies that come to the Romeo Friday lunches than any other group. [attachment=2]018.JPG[/attachment] Jane and Joanie. Thanks for coming Ladies, you certainly improve the looks of the group. :o [attachment=6]012.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]101.JPG[/attachment]Mr Robey and his ride always looks stunning. ;) [attachment=3]013.JPG[/attachment]Tad is really proud of his "reverse Gold Wing" trike and by now almost everyone has seen it. Tad told me on Tuesday he was going to make THREE ROMEO rides this week. :o This was one of the reasons I came to Pleasanton this Friday, to see if he did it and maybe publish it on this website ;) Well Tad did it :!: but as I looked around the table I saw a bunch of guys that also made three lunches this week, Swanee, Bucky, Keith, Gary, Bucky, Roger and Butch is pretty sure he did :lol: I probably forgot someone, and for that I am sorry, but you get my point.

Roger from South Central reported
We had one of our biggest turnouts today: forty-six people and forty-three motorcycles. The motorcycles traveled 1439 miles (one way) to Augusta. Unusual numbers for December, but it was unusually good day to ride this late in the year.

I had to laugh :lol: On Tuesday at the Old 56 in Ottawa, Junior tried to talk Bucky and me into riding with him to the North Central Arkansas Romeo lunch. Bucky and I really had a hard time saying no, but we did. :( Today, Bucky confessed "you know you are getting old when you can just take off and ride...and the reason is.... BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR PILLS :!: "[attachment=1]001.JPG[/attachment]And on a final note, this is Joanie and Junior from Hoyt, KS. Hoyt is north of Topeka. I have a special place in my heart for these two. I met Junior a few years back when I put together an IRONBUTT ride to ride 1000 miles in 24 hours. Alot of guys that do this have really easy riding, long range motorcycles and can accomplish this in about 16 hours of hard riding. Junior had a motorcycle that was quite a bit smaller and not near as comfortable, but he wanted to try to become an IRONBUTT. Needless to say, Junior completed the ride, not in 16 hours like the rest of us but in 22 hours.[attachment=0]IRONBUTT Limon 009.JPG[/attachment] Junior left 3 hours before the rest of the group and we met up with him in Limon, CO. The point of this story is that Junior loves to ride. Then he had a motorcycle accident. As hard as it was, but honoring Joanie's wishes, Junior quit riding. That has been almost two years but Junior never forgot the ROMEOs. This week Junior and Joanie are with us again and they are looking mighty good on their new Can Am Spyder :P Great to have you both back with us again.
Attachments
016.JPG
007.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
004.JPG
012.JPG
011.JPG