Post by Alb1on »

http://www.wheatsheafboughbeech.co.uk/ email: info@wheatsheafboughbeech.co.uk
The Wheatsheaf Inn
Hever Road
Bough Beech
Kent
TN8 7NU
01732 700100
We will be meeting here on 20th August 2015 for our first Romeo lunch for 2015 as it comes highly recommended for its excellent food and is about the right distance for a good ride out. It is good to be back on a bike again as I broke my wrist last year in May and it took ages to heal. It was not a bike accident as I fell over in the street going to post a letter, very dangerous activity!

Those of you who know your history will be aware that Hever Castle, not far from this restaurant, is the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's ill-fated second wife and her equally unfortunate family!

Anyway, looking forward to trying it out and hope we have sunny weather and great food.

Cheers

Cathy (Dave & Jon send their regards too.)
Last edited by Alb1on on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alb1on

Re: August Romeo Lunch

Post by Alb1on »

L-r: Jeff, Caroline, Doug, Alan (kneeling), me, Linda and Bob. Jon took the photo.
L-r: Jeff, Caroline, Doug, Alan (kneeling), me, Linda and Bob. Jon took the photo.
L back to front: Linda, Bob, Caroline, Right back to front: Me, Jon, Alan, Doug.
L back to front: Linda, Bob, Caroline, Right back to front: Me, Jon, Alan, Doug.
Left to right: - Ducati Multistrada (Doug), ZZR600 (Caroline), Jeff Thomas and his Norton, his wife Caroline, Doug, Alan (kneeling), me behind, Linda and Bob, then BMW R1200 GS LC, (Jon and I), Triumph Adventurer (Alan) and BMW K1300S (Linda and Bob.)
Left to right: - Ducati Multistrada (Doug), ZZR600 (Caroline), Jeff Thomas and his Norton, his wife Caroline, Doug, Alan (kneeling), me behind, Linda and Bob, then BMW R1200 GS LC, (Jon and I), Triumph Adventurer (Alan) and BMW K1300S (Linda and Bob.)
Just to say we all had an excellent lunch yesterday and have some new members from the days when we were all motorcycle instructors in the 1970s at the London Borough of Southwark training centre at Crystal Palace in south-east London. One of our group, Gavin, broke down on the way to the lunch very close to the restaurant but didn't want to leave his newly-serviced bike on the breakdown truck so had to go home. Dave, who is a founder member was on holiday in Devon in south-west England, and our erstwhile Chief Instructor Mick Griggs was on family collection duty at Heathrow Airport, so we should have more people next time. The weather was wet and the gravel car park interesting to negotiate on the way home. Hope you enjoy the photos.
Klem

Re: August Romeo Lunch

Post by Klem »

Good looking lineup of both people and bikes. I well say Jeff's Norton brings about a certain amount of envy. But then I also remember when I sold my 1967 Norton my right leg was an inch and a half larger than the left. Maybe a result of cool mornings and 50wt oil.

The places you go are so fascinating that I am tempted to try to make one of your rides.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough