Inaugural lunch for England group

Alb1on

Inaugural lunch for England group

Post by Alb1on »

The day has finally arrived for us to start our round of ROMEO lunches for England, deep in the Surrey lanes near Warlingham, at the White Bear Inn. We've chosen to start at this Inn as it has excellent food, three resident ghosts and a large car park. Outdoor seating is available if the weather's good. We recommend arriving early, as near to midday as you can manage would be good, to ensure a good place to park and a table. We're meeting there on Wednesday May 11th. Further details can be found at http://www.the-whitebear.com/Photos.html

Hopefully see you there

Cathy & Jon
shoresr

Re: Inaugural lunch for England group

Post by shoresr »

I am sorry I will miss your first ride!!

Hi Brits:
My daughter has lived and worked in London for more than 12 years. I am in London now! My wife and I came over to be with her for Easter. She treated us to a great holiday at a lodge in Lower Slaughter. I rented a car in Oxford and we drove all over the Cotswolds. What beautiful country and wonderful motorcycle riding. Of course, being a holiday there were probably more motorcycles than usual but I was amazed at how many there were. The touring riders in England are not much different than in the US.

We are going back to the states in the morning. We are planning on coming back in the fall for my daughter’s birthday. Hopefully, at that time I can rent a motorcycle or a car and join you for a lunch. I will continue monitoring the progress of the England Romeos.
Good Lunch and Ride Safe,
Roger, KC Romeos
Alb1on

Post by Alb1on »

We are sorry you'll miss the first ride too and hope you had a great holiday in the Cotswolds. Have you read 'Cider with Rosie' as the author, Laurie Lee grew up in Slad not far from Lower Slaughter? Beautiful area especially when the weather is good. Next time go over to Wales and enjoy the biking roads in the heart of the country around Llandrindod Wells.

Cheers

Cathy & Jon
Alb1on

Post by Alb1on »

Testing photo upload.
Here are Dave Bockhart and I inside the pub with the three resident ghosts sharing our table for six while Jon takes the photo.
Here are Dave Bockhart and I inside the pub with the three resident ghosts sharing our table for six while Jon takes the photo.
Jon is taking the photo outside the pub, no it's not my GS, yes I'm blinking as the camera flash hits the Romeo shirt and Dave hovers over his Pan
Jon is taking the photo outside the pub, no it's not my GS, yes I'm blinking as the camera flash hits the Romeo shirt and Dave hovers over his Pan
Klem

Post by Klem »

I truly envy you for the places you have to choose from. Nothing better than having lunch with a motorcycle friend unless it is having lunch with a motorcycle friend at a really neat place.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

I love seeing you in a Romeo shirt! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing! Yes, more photos!

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

England Romeos:
Congratulations on your first lunch. The pictures turned out great and we all enjoyed seeing them. We are all so interested in you, your bikes and where you ride and eat. Please share all you have time for. If there are things you want to know about our riding please feel free to ask.

My daughters are twins and they are planning their 40 birthday in London December 2. My wife and I are going to attend their celebration. While we are in London maybe, I can rent a bike and come have lunch with the ENGLAND ROMEOS and possibly save you some shipping by bringing some shirts or hats if your interested??
Roger KC Romeos
Alb1on

Post by Alb1on »

We would love to see you and Dave said he would love a t-shirt and hats would be great too so thanks very much for your offer. You could rent a bike over here but December might be chilly and cold, maybe even snowing so bring the long-johns. We'll try and find somewhere good to have lunch so keep your fingers crossed that it's dry and sunny.

Until December.

Regards

Cathy
Alb1on

Post by Alb1on »

Klem wrote:I truly envy you for the places you have to choose from. Nothing better than having lunch with a motorcycle friend unless it is having lunch with a motorcycle friend at a really neat place.

Don
We are certainly lucky here and my geography is improving with every run. The weather here is amazing right now so we are making the most of it. The Triumph now has a screen so I don't get blown away over 60mph and that means I can collect my quota of bugs, such street cred.

LOL

Cathy
Alb1on

Post by Alb1on »

JerryM100 wrote:I love seeing you in a Romeo shirt! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing! Yes, more photos!

Jerry
Don't worry now I know how to upload I'll probably be a prize pain with photos of everything! Thanks for all your help and support and I hope life in Texas agrees with you.

Cathy
xxxxxxxx