John Davis Memorial Service

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
herbyf

John Davis Memorial Service

Post by herbyf »

To all Romeos;
I had a good visit this morning with John's brother Ted. He and brother Tom are here in Chanute taking care of John's affairs. They were blind sided by this tragic accident and besides losing their brother are faced with quite a job of getting things settled. I have not been much help as I am recovering from a 9 day stay at St. Lukes in K.C. due to a blood clot after a knee replacement.

There is a Memorial Service for John on Wednesday September 28th in Chanute at the Mortuary between 1:00 and 5;00 pm.

John was a good friend and I hope a lot of his Romeo friends can attend

Corwin
alyle123

Re: John Davis Obituary

Post by alyle123 »

I am attaching the obituary sent by the funeral home handling John's memorial visitation. The weather for that day is supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees. Hope that will allow for a good turnout. John was friend to all, knew a LOT about motorcycles (particularly Hondas); knew where to ride all over the country and had been on most of them. I was privileged to see him the week before he passed and his last words to me as I left his room were to be sure to let the ROMEOS know he'd be "back in the saddle as soon as things healed up a bit". He will be missed.
John Davis Obituary.pdf
(243.78 KiB) Downloaded 101 times