10th. Annual Fools in April Campout 4-26 through 29th

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
arkyleo

10th. Annual Fools in April Campout 4-26 through 29th

Post by arkyleo »

It CANT rain as much as last year--can it? We are booked in with reservations under my name this year (res# 2-39761124) at the "outlet park G-1 site"
at Pomme de Terre lake. Not sure of the races that weekend but I will add info later.
This gathering, either camping or motel, is just after the Spring Fling in Oklahoma so it should work out well for those who are attending both. There will be firewood and food and adult beverages if desired and plenty of B/S and stories--maybe some of the same ones ;) .
http://www.rvparking.com/mo/hermitage/o ... terre-lake
Lucas Oil Speedway has racing on April 28th, admission $5, starting at 6:30. It's an "RV" special but there should be room to park a bike. ;) ;)
http://www.lucasoilspeedway.com/event-d ... sented-ky3
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
kai61

Re: 10th. Annual Fools in April Campout 4-26 through 29th

Post by kai61 »

I plan on attending this campout. Do I need to pay you to use the G1 area? I'll be bringing my trike and towing my Minimate Kamper.
Attachments
24255076_2014872581861988_6092547300391371005_o copy.jpg
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Nice looking setup Kai! You will be more comfortable than us "tent guys". In answer to your question about fees--yes. 3 of us have chipped in on the reservation and we will set up a donation can with a suggested contribution of $10 per person. We are hoping that will cover the reservation and maybe the cost of some firewood. Please bring cups and utensils--there are plenty of convenience stores around for snacks and beer.
Last year we had one "wimp" and that was me because it rained so hard I stayed the second night at the "Clearlight" inn not too far away. Scroll back and look at last years photos. Hope to see you there! Leo
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Arkyleo, thanks for answering. I plan on coming to the campout but not the 2 nite stay in the hotel in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Look forward to being there and enjoying everyones company. Hopefully it will be a nice 4 day holiday !!! Kai
kai61

Post by kai61 »

ArKleo, do you have a head count yet? It looks like we are going to have nice weather this weekend !!! HoRay !!!
Attachments
Sigpic.jpg
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

We never know how many are going to show, but there should be room for all. Bob has contracted with a firewood guy and is bringing a large coffee pot, crock pot and a cooler and I will bring one also. Mo-parks raised the camping fee this year, so between that increase and the other stuff, I may have been a little light in my guesstimation of the fee--but it will still be very reasonable. ;) If you obtain a Mo fishing permit, you can drown some worms right next to the camp site.