Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

WESTON CAFE, WESTON, MO TUES 5/16/17

Post by shoresr »

Weston.JPG
Weston.JPG (126.08 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Weston, MO.JPG
Weston, MO.JPG (139.3 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Weston Cafe *** Breakfast till 11:00 or lunch 10:30 is a good time ;)
407 Main St
Weston, MO
816-640-2224 Deena

Good weather and good roads!! Use this map to plan the perfect ride. The Kansas City ride is on Tuesday. Eastern Kansas has a "new to me" ride on Wednesday to Porter, KS :roll: :? Check out all the Romeos rides. If you can't make it one day there is always another day!!

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Gardner Posse plus one.JPG
Gardner Posse plus one.JPG (108.74 KiB) Viewed 769 times

Last summer several of us enjoyed visiting Holladay Distillery. We learned about the "making" of whiskey and the difference between whiskey and bourbon :roll: :o Holladay is putting their formula in barrels and it will not be ready for bottling for 7 years!!

Holliday Distillery.png
Holliday Distillery.png (85.66 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Free Samples.JPG
Free Samples.JPG (97.23 KiB) Viewed 769 times

http://holladaydistillery.com/distillery/ The tours start every 30 minutes and cost $10

Do to "technical difficulties" with the website we have lost a lot of pictures, but not all. Check out what is left of our last visit to Weston
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4139&p=9789&hilit=weston#p9789

What a neat surprise. Last Friday I went to lunch with the Southwest Missouri Romeos in Fort Scott, KS. Joe had a arranged for the group to visit a "castle" . Terry has been working on his "castle" since 1977 when he got out of the Navy. That is 40 years!! He has a special place in his heart for motorcycles and especially BMW's. He is a nice and generous person. Hopefully, someday I will be able to take the Kansas City Romeos to Ft Scott to see his remarkable creation. Here is a link to the pictures I took.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4654
Romeo Joe.JPG
Romeo Joe.JPG (71.68 KiB) Viewed 766 times
shoresr

Re: WESTON CAFE, WESTON, MO TUES 5/16/17

Post by shoresr »

Whow!! What a turnout :D Thanks for coming. I hope you had as much fun as I did. :shock:
IMG_9264.JPG
One of the highlights of today's ride was the arrival of the "ROMITOS" the Romeos version of the outlaw motorcycle gang the Banditos. They are such a close knit group that they all went out and got TATOOS :o :shock:
IMG_9261.JPG
Leland and Slina rode up from Paola. I think this was their first Romeo lunch since Leland's SECOND knee replacement. Great to see them.
IMG_9262.JPG
IMG_9263.JPG
I always smile when I see Tom.
Tom rode all the way up from Osage Beach this morning. We had a large group from Topeka, some from Lawrence and Randy from Butler.
IMG_9268.JPG
We had several new Romeos today. The one without the bright colored shirt is Judy. Welcome Judy. We now have another lady rider ;) As my daughter would say "LET ME BE CLEAR" :lol: We are the Retired Old MOTORCYCLIST Eating Out, not the Retired Old MEN Eating Out. Ladies, riders or non riders are not only welcome, but encouraged :!:

I got to running around and forgot to take pictures. I hope someone will post some. Maybe Bob :?: Everyone is always welcome to post comments or post pictures. This is your forum.

***********************************************************************************
This is not an advertisement or endorsement just the facts. It seems like every week I hear a horror story about the poor service someone received on their bike. Today is was from a Romeo who needed to get his wife's bike worked on. He started on it after the riding season last fall and just got the bike last week :o One part of this awful story was he put the bike on a trailer and hauled it to the dealer at the appointed time and they turned him away telling him they had no record of the appointment. In my book there is no excuse for someone to treat someone like that. Life is just too short. This dealer happened to be in Blue Springs, but I have heard similar stories about all the area dealers. To date, and that can always change, I have had no problems with Tim at Motorcare, 1226 W. 7th, Lawrence, KS 785-843-3449. http://www.motorcaretim.com/ A one man shop, call ahead. He will tell you like it is, not what you want to hear. If you have a Harley, go to a Harley dealer. If you have a BMW go to Engles Motors, Indian ? All others call Tim.

While I am rambling on, if you are needing new Dunlop Tires and you have them put on by a dealer, here is a good rebate from Dunlop. I got a $90 rebate on a set of Elite 4. Motorcare sells tires and he will put them on while you wait. https://www.dunlopmotorcyclerebates.com ... gPage.aspx

Please don't take the above comment the wrong way. I just want you to be able to ride and have fun and not have your bike in some shop logging up a monster bill. Life is too short. Let ride!!

Always replace the cheapest parts first.

You can forget what you do for a living when your knees are in the
breeze.

Patience is the ability to keep your motor idling.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window.

There are two types of people in this world; people who ride
motorcycles and people who wish they could ride motorcycles.

Never try to race an old geezer, he may have one more gear than=2 0you.

Gray-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
Last edited by shoresr on Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob K.

Re: WESTON CAFE, WESTON, MO TUES 5/16/17

Post by Bob K. »

Another good one! If having fun is the name of the game, the Romitos are winning! Thanks Ron for my tattoo sleeves, I feel like a real biker now. The new lady rider from Cameron, Joyce D., is also a Ride Captain for Worth HD North's H.O.G. chapter.
05-16-17 Romeos 075.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 086.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 088.JPG
Roger and his new tats with Wanda and Joyce D. from Cameron.
05-16-17 Romeos 012.JPG
Our group stopped on 273 just across 45 highway at The Farmers House Market.
05-16-17 Romeos 093.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 020.JPG
It was crazy, but they had a framed portrait of us!
05-16-17 Romeos 099.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 100.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 101.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 105.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 109.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 116.JPG
05-16-17 Romeos 025.JPG