TUES 7/29 REAL LIVESTOCK AUCTION

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 7/29 REAL LIVESTOCK AUCTION

Post by shoresr »

While Melissa and I have been out riding around Bob, Gary and Randy have kept you all real busy and have taken you to some really nice and unique places. In fact, they have "raised the bar" real high and it was hard for me to come up with a place that was on their level, ;) but I am going to give it a try :lol: [attachment=4]IMG_4576.JPG[/attachment]KINGSVILLE LIVESTOCK AUCTION
1630 SW Highway 58
Kingsville, MO
816-597-3331 Marcia Anstine, Owner

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled

Everyone loves to hear the song of the auctioneer :D Whether at an estate sale or other type of auction. I am sure some of you have never been to a real live cattle auction. This has to been one of the oldest types of auctions. Sometimes I get so excited and want to buy no matter what they are selling. Make sure you keep your HANDS DOWN unless you want to go home with a heifer or steer :!: [attachment=3]IMG_4577.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_4579.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_4578.JPG[/attachment]

Lunch only starting around 10:30, chicken fried steak or patty melt, limited menu, but pie and CAKE :!: :o
The above sign says the Tuesday auction starts at 11, last week they had 900+ head of cattle go through the sale ring.
9:00 in the parking lot will be people selling local produce and a variety of other things. This should give the "early birds" something to look at.

This is sure to be a fun day. Come early or come late. Weather looks good. I hope you can come and enjoy yourself.

Nonsense: Last week on the way to Platte City at 70 mph my bike (2013--53,00 miles) lost electrical power, but kept running. I was close to Shawnee Honda. That was on Tuesday on Thursday they called me and told me it was the alternator and that Honda was replacing the alternator and battery under warranty at no charge and the bike would be ready the following Wednesday. PRO: I have put 203,000 miles on my two Gold Wings in five years. This is the first problem I have ever had. CON: I will be without a bike for EIGHT DAYS!! That seems to be a very long time to me, especially if we had been on a trip.
Melissa never has any fun!!
Melissa never has any fun!!
Attachments
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
Bob K.

Re: TUES 7/29 REAL LIVESTOCK AUCTION

Post by Bob K. »

Roger, the bar was raised! food was good and quick, the desserts were worth going back for by themselves.
A few of us spent some quality time waiting for a stopped train in Pleasant Hill on 58.
A few of us spent some quality time waiting for a stopped train in Pleasant Hill on 58.
07-29-14 Romeos 004.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 006.JPG
You get dessert and the all important fork when you order.  Makes it hard to still have dessert when your meal comes.
You get dessert and the all important fork when you order. Makes it hard to still have dessert when your meal comes.
07-29-14 Romeos 009.JPG
The tallest lemon pie around.
The tallest lemon pie around.
The lemon pie was tasty, too!
The lemon pie was tasty, too!
07-29-14 Romeos 011.JPG
The roast beef meal was very good.
The roast beef meal was very good.
07-29-14 Romeos 015.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 016.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 017.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 018.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 019.JPG
07-29-14 Romeos 020.JPG
The farmers and ranchers hardly noticed us.
The farmers and ranchers hardly noticed us.
07-29-14 Romeos 024.JPG
shoresr

Ride Report- TUES 7/29 LIVESTOCK AUCTION

Post by shoresr »

Oh, it is good to be back!! and it was a great day as you can see from Bob's pictures. I think my favorite picture of the pictures I took today is this one of Harold with his piece of pie. Harold always has a smile :D And smiles are important. ;) [attachment=15]008.JPG[/attachment]That piece of pie is almost as big as he is :lol: [attachment=14]004.JPG[/attachment]I heard no one complain about the food and Melissa said the fried chicken tasted like her grandmother's.[attachment=13]003.JPG[/attachment]Sometimes the line got a little long, but the crew at Kingsville did a great job of moving it along.[attachment=12]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]007.JPG[/attachment]I had told Marcia 40-50 and we probably exceeded that, but everything ran real smooth ;) [attachment=9]002.JPG[/attachment]I guess there is no messin' around at the auction barn. They mean what they say. :oops: [attachment=8]010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]011.JPG[/attachment]Carol got to see her first livestock auction and so did several other ROMEOs. Everyone was thrilled by the excitement and no one accidently bought a COW or in today's case a BULL!![attachment=5]013.JPG[/attachment]A big Romeo "thank you" goes out to Marcia and the rest of the crew at Kingsville Livestock Auction Center for being so nice and taking such good care of a bunch of "non cattle buyers". Marcia said she was glad to have us and that our presence livened up their whole day. :D[attachment=4]014.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]001.JPG[/attachment] [attachment=2]016.JPG[/attachment]Melissa and I are going to be grand parents for the first time and Linda and Norm gave Melissa a baby gift. Proud to be a Romeo. ;) [attachment=1]017.JPG[/attachment]Don't know about you but I haven't seen gas this cheap in awhile.[attachment=0]018.JPG[/attachment]So the Mini got a little "go juice". Yes, I am still without a motorcycle. The alternator came in today on the eighth day, but the battery didn't come in :?: I said "You don't carry a battery :?: " and he said he had to order it from Honda...? why, because it was being fixed under warranty?? Don't know, but I will ask.

Next week I am volunteering as an election worker. Randy is going to setup the ride.
Thanks for coming today Melissa and I had a lot of fun and I hope you did too.
Attachments
008.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
002.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
013.JPG