TUE 9/3 MILLER & SONS BBQ, KNOB NOSTER MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

Parkville Rider

TUE 9/3 MILLER & SONS BBQ, KNOB NOSTER MO

Post by Parkville Rider »

I know it's the day after the big Labor Day weekend, but we heard about this place from a friend at Whiteman AFB that it was a great place for some Que.
They are pretty new and probably could use some business, so let's give them a try and the weather right now looks pretty good.

Miller and Son's BBQ
109 East McPherson,
Knob Noster, Missouri 65336
(660) 233-8300

Here is a recent Google review:
..."This is a hidden jewel if you like bbq. We had the smoked brisket and it was awesome. The smoke taste is really noticeable. The place is extremely clean. Not much for decoration, but remember this is not a chain restaurant. The variety of sauces is decent and full of flavor. Price is modest and worth it since the portions were generous. Service was friendly. A great find."

My friend also said a great place for a cool treat afterward is 18 miles north on MO23, Cree-Mee Freeze, 100 S Main St, Concordia, MO 64020. He also mentioned:
but it shows scheduled at the Concordia Fall Festival, Concordia Ballpark Complex September 4 - 8, so I'm not sure if it would be there on the 3rd?

Anyway if your up for a ride, come join us. Also Roger and Missy are headed home so they might even show up, or not.

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Rider(s)

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Bob K.

Re: TUE 9/3 MILLER & SONS BBQ, KNOB NOSTER MO

Post by Bob K. »

A big day today! We missed the Butler bunch and the Birmingham rollers. Kelli and Morgan, our waitresses worked hard to keep up with only a few small glitches. We had counted around 55 Romeos and riders and I think we came up with 50+ motorcycles. We were also glad to hear that Roger and Melissa were not seriously hurt in their gravel travel. Although some of the guys did their best to fix the scrape (photo). Several of us did make the ice cream run to Concordia, even though 23 North was closed, so we took MM to E to 23 ending 11 miles from Concordia. The traveling Viet Nam Wall was due in town at 2:30 for their festival.
B-2 Bomber taking off.
B-2 Bomber taking off.
B-2 Bomber near Millers BBQ.
B-2 Bomber near Millers BBQ.
We got there way before they opened.
We got there way before they opened.
KC-135 tanker taking off.
KC-135 tanker taking off.
09-03-13 Romeos 019.JPG
09-03-13 Romeos 023.JPG
09-03-13 Romeos 025.JPG
George wearing a Gary Larson t-shirt.  That's funny right there!
George wearing a Gary Larson t-shirt. That's funny right there!
Kelli bringing it.
Kelli bringing it.
09-03-13 Romeos 031.JPG
Gary getting ready to say ahhhhh!
Gary getting ready to say ahhhhh!
09-03-13 Romeos 033.JPG
09-03-13 Romeos 034.JPG
09-03-13 Romeos 035.JPG
Good looking motorcycle Roger.
Good looking motorcycle Roger.
The guys did what they could.
The guys did what they could.
I think we were the first to Concordia.
I think we were the first to Concordia.
09-03-13 Romeos 044.JPG
A good time was had by all.
A good time was had by all.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

I agree with Bob, it was a great day for a lunch ride to a little family owned BBQ. To say we made their day was an understatement! :shock: I had warned them that a good day could result in 50 or more Romeo's showing up, and this time I wasn't far off. This restaurant is owned and operated by the Miller family. Present today were two sons and their mother at the cash register. Guess Pop had a doctor's appointment today so we didn't get to meet him. They were very, very grateful for our patronage as Tuesdays are usually "rather slow" according to Mrs. Miller. I really appreciate Bob's comments and photos as I tried something new with my smart phone and once again found it must have been smarter than the operator as it didn't work, so once again, THANKS BOB! :D Image

Mary and I appreciated having such a great group of Romeo and wives join us today. It was nice to see Roger back in the fold after a really long adventure to the north woods and east coast. Except for the boo boo, :oops: it must have been wonderful. Don't worry Roger, we all have our ups and downs and into each motorcyclist's life, a drop or two will happen. As they say, it's not if, but when it will occur, and the best part is scratches can be fixed faster and easier than broken bones will heal.

It was also a fun ride around the highway construction on MO23 to enjoy a cool treat in Concordia at the Cree-Mee Freeze. We were too early to visit the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, but the town was getting ready to celebrate with the main street already blocked off. We were lucky as the owners of Cree-Mee Freeze were about to shut down for the week as their business really drops off when the carnival is in town. We might have picked up a new member as the owner's wife said they also rode so we shared the website information. It's always amazing how many friends we make because of our Romeo shirts! :)

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Rider(s)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Good to see everyone. Thanks for the "first aid" only my PRIDE was hurt.

Thanks to Gary, Randy, Bob and everyone else that helps on the rides. This is a special bunch of people and it is great to be a part of it.

Roger