TUE 6/18 RUBY'S LANDING, ATCHISON, KS

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUE 6/18 RUBY'S LANDING, ATCHISON, KS

Post by shoresr »

ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN ON THE RIVER
Sedalia Bandana's 042.JPG
Sedalia Bandana's 041.JPG

A couple of weeks ago I left the Eastern Kansas lunch (Hilltop) and took a little ride. I ended up at the Park by the Missouri River in Atchison, KS. It was so relaxing and enjoyable, just sitting there watching the river roll by. I must have sat there for a hour. I thought this was something my ROMEO BUDDIES might enjoy too. So I looked for a place to eat.
Sedalia Bandana's 043.JPG

RUBY'S LANDING (OPENS AT 11:00 LUNCH ONLY)
102 East Atchison Street
Atchison, KS
913-367-7829 Bob or Kelli
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Bob and Kelli have only owned this place since October and are still learning the business. I didn't eat here. The menu shows "BASKET SPECIAL" at $6 to $6.50 that are served with Home Cut or Sweet Potato Fries. The also have a nice lunch special for $10.

So I can't tell you much about the food or service, but if you think you might want to "kick back" and watch the river rolls by. I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did. Remember it is summer time and the livin is easy! ;)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

SUMMER RENDEZVOUS-----All the ROMEOS are meeting at PETER PAN PARK in EMPORIA JUNE 19. I am planning on leaving from the McDonalds in Gardner at 8:45 am. No food is provided at the picnic. The last time we did this it was arranged with two places to pickup sandwiches in Emporia. I will contact those places and see if they are still in business and we will do it again.
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

****************************************************************************************************************************************************
[attachment=0]Ironbutt.jpg[/attachment]

Last year I helped 6 guys get their IRONBUTT license bracket. I have one guy that has asked me to do it again. If I can get a couple more guys I will do it again. If you are interested send me your name at twowheels2eat@yahoo.com
Here are my tips from last year. We will be doing the same ride on June 22. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1879&p=4444&hilit=Ironbutt#p4444

Attachments
Ironbutt.jpg
Ironbutt.jpg (16.46 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
shoresr

Re: 6/13 RUBY'S LANDING, ATCHISON, KS

Post by shoresr »

Guys, Okay, we have to find this.......

Just a short note about Atchison; we lived just across the river on the Mo side for several years and did a lot of our shopping, dining, etc. in Atchison. The river front park is a local jewel and was only recently built up as it is today. The little restaurant you found was an out of the way bar for a while. The Trolley Ride is good and covers a lot of the historic places; it leaves from the old train depot downtown. One "don't miss it" attraction is the Amelia Erhart portrait landscaped for pilots to see. Earth-bound persons can also see the portrait from a viewing place on the opposite hillside. It takes a little determination to find it, on the southwest corner of Atchison, but mapquest does a pretty good job. Below is the blurb on the Atchison, KS web site for it.

------------------------------------------------------------

178620 274th Rd., Warnock Lake
Atchison KS 66002
[attachment=0]earthwor.jpg[/attachment]
This one-acre portrait was created by famed Kansas artist Stan Herd in 1997. It lies on a hillside overlooking Warnock Lake and is composed of permanent plantings, stone and other natural materials. A viewing deck on a nearby hilltop provides the best ground views of the earthwork.

ONE OF THE EIGHT ART WONDERS OF KANSAS http://www.kansassampler.org/8wonders/a ... php?id=100
-------------------------------------------------------------

Another excellent choice for a Tuesday ride!!!

Dan D. (from Lone Jack, MO)
Attachments
earthwor.jpg
earthwor.jpg (10.41 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
shoresr

RIDE REPROT-- RUBY'S LANDING, ATCHISON, KS

Post by shoresr »

It doesn' get much prettier than this :D
[attachment=15]Motorcycle rides2013 013.jpg[/attachment] The new bridge across the Missouri River in Atchison is almost done.
[attachment=14]Motorcycle rides2013 014.jpg[/attachment]
Romeos enjoyed a nice place close to the river.
[attachment=13]Motorcycle rides2013 015.jpg[/attachment][attachment=12]Motorcycle rides2013 020.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]Motorcycle rides2013 021.jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]Motorcycle rides2013 022.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]Motorcycle rides2013 019.jpg[/attachment] Dennis helped me straighten out posting the wrong date. He apologized for "calling me out". But I appreciated his help. I need all the help I can get and you guys DO look out for me. That is what makes this work. We are all in it together...just having fun.
[attachment=8]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 009.JPG[/attachment] Surely Peggy is about to run our of excuses for not coming with Richard. At least she isn't using the grand kids as an excuse anymore. :lol: Richard's group of Harley's is getting sooo big I had someone ask if this was a HOG KLUB :oops:
When I see Marilyn and George it always makes me happy. :lol:
[attachment=7]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 008.JPG[/attachment]I was worried about the food and service at Ruby's, but they did miracles. I don't think we have ever been served faster in all our lunches. They must have turned the inside tables twice, without missing anyone that ate outside. The service and food was far better than I had anticipated. A BIG ROMEO THANK YOU GOES OUT TO KELLI AND BOB (and their crew). They all did a great job.
[attachment=6]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 010.JPG[/attachment] I think this was part of the Richard's Harley Crew. There must have been 10 or more and boy did they have some pretty bikes. :x
[attachment=5]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 013.JPG[/attachment] Another good looking couple. Jimmie, thanks for posting pictures. You do a good job.
[attachment=4]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 005.JPG[/attachment]Boys and their toys...this pretty BLUE Harley Trike good lots of attention.
[attachment=3]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 017.JPG[/attachment]After lunch Dan and Paul led the group off in search of the "8th ART WONDER of Kansas" It is a landscape picture of Amelia Earhart. It is one acre in size and yes, it is made to be seen from the air!! but we found it and enjoyed it. If nothing else the viewing platform was shady, cool and very relaxing.
[attachment=1]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]Atchison Ruby's Cafe 019.JPG[/attachment] So now you've seen it.
However, as suggested by Dan, you can see the image from GOOGLE EARTH. Hopefully, this link will work and you can see the imagine from satellite, oh what a world we live in http://tinyurl.com/kq5bjb4
We had a new couple today who heard about us from someone in Parkville :?: I would like for you to meet the prettiest half of the couple LaVida. Her husband is Paul. She asked if there were usually more women. Now they ate outside so she didn't get to see all the ladies that were inside. But speaking of the ladies, I remember when the reporter from KCTV5 asked Gayle how she felt about being with all these ROMEOS and her famous quote was "I really kinda like it, but they are awfully old." .... I am still "smarting" from that!! :x
I see Bob just posted some pictures. Good pics Bob. You always do such and good job.

I am sure most of you aren't interested in what I think, so I will make this small and hide it down here in the the corner. Some time ago someone told me there were some many BMW's at a lunch they thought this was a BMW club. Then someone told me there saw so many Gold Wings they thought it was a Honda Club and today someone told me there were so many Harleys here they thought it was a HOG CLUB!! Well, my thought on this and one of the reasons i think we keep getting more riders is because we don't care what you ride, (some even ride cars, spyders or trucks ) how old it is or how much it costs. Romeos only care about one thing, the person across the table. Sure we all like to look at the pretty bikes, who doesn't, but everyone is always welcome at a Romeo event. We just want to be nice people, have a good time, and be glad we were able to make it to the lunch. Randy coined it first and it still rings true I am PROUD TO BE A ROMEO and you make me MORE PROUD every week. Thanks for being such nice folks. Roger
Attachments
Motorcycle rides2013 013.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 014.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 015.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 020.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 021.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 022.jpg
Motorcycle rides2013 019.jpg
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 009.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 008.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 010.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 013.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 005.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 004.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 017.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 015.JPG
Atchison Ruby's Cafe 019.JPG
Bob K.

Re: 6/18 RUBY'S LANDING, ATCHISON, KS

Post by Bob K. »

What a great day for a ride! Even better when its a Romeo RTE! The food at Ruby's Landing was good, fast and friendly. I swear, Kenny walked in the door and his food was already on the table, what service! After our meal there was plenty of sitting outside so we could rotate out to make more room.
The new bridge across the river is finally open!
The new bridge across the river is finally open!
There is a nice museum at the Tourist Center.
There is a nice museum at the Tourist Center.
06-18-13 Romeos 009.JPG
06-18-13 Romeos 019.JPG
06-18-13 Romeos 022.JPG
Roger was early and still had to park at the end.
Roger was early and still had to park at the end.
One of the owners Kelli.  Great job today.  Thanks Kelli
One of the owners Kelli. Great job today. Thanks Kelli
Richard was sitting under the old Kansas bird poo tree.
Richard was sitting under the old Kansas bird poo tree.
What is this, you ask??  Would you believe guys try to drive a golf ball across the river!!!
What is this, you ask?? Would you believe guys try to drive a golf ball across the river!!!
06-18-13 Romeos 033.JPG
Not much road left to share!
Not much road left to share!
I think they liked us.
I think they liked us.